To overcome the 20 GB cloud limitation in my annual Photo plan subscription, I additionally subscribed to 1 TB cloud storage space, following the offered update path.
But still in Lightroom only 20 GB are shown and used, the additional space doesn't seem to be recognized.
Is there something wrong on my side, is there any "update time" to be considered, or what can I do?
I'm using latest versions of Lightroom and Lightroom Classic on my MacBook, and Lightroom app on my iPad.
Thanks for help, Ralf
Have you logged into your Lr Web web, lightroom.adobe.com, and checked what it is showing there?
Also in the CC desktop app Click the Cloud icon in the top right tool bar area and at the top is CLOUD STORAGE. what is it reporting?
When did you sign up for this extra storage? It may take a day or 2.
Thanks for the tips.
Unfortunately, no change yet, after 3 days:
- LR apps and web show 20 GB and overflow
- CC app and web show 1 TV
- Plans shown are LR with 20 GB and CC 1 TB
- Logoff and login show no change
I feel lost...
apologies, I didn't see your reply earlier, completely missed it ...
There is no change of situation, after more than 2 weeks:
- https://lightroom.adobe.com as well as all apps show "21 of 20 GB" used, no further sync possible
- My Adobe account shows 2 subscriptions: Lightroom and 1 TB cloud
- https://creativecloud.adobe.com shows "21 GB of 1 TB" used
Screenshots are in German, but the content is clear I assume.
No clue what I can do now ... any help appreciated!
Thanks and regards,
See correct answer below.
Failing that, contact technical support.