Highlighted

Photoshop jumps around screen of iMac

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I was doing:

I do screen grabs of woodworking projects I wish to make and save them to Lightroom CC.  I selected one of these screen shots while viewing in LR CC and selected to edit in Photoshop.  The pic opened there.  I wanted to remove the background and place it on a graph paper background so I could better estimate dimensions.  I used the quick select brush to select areas that I deleted.  I enlarged photo and tried to erase more of the background.  My eraser did not work and as I moved the picture around the screen using my mouse, i found that the picture was moving in a very jumpy fashion and often, it would move on its own or continue to move after I stopped using the mouse.  My iMac processor is 3GHz Intel Core i5, with 16 GB memory and a Radeon Pro 555 @ 2048 MB.  Is my iMac just too underpowered for PS?

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop jumps around screen of iMac

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I was doing:

I do screen grabs of woodworking projects I wish to make and save them to Lightroom CC.  I selected one of these screen shots while viewing in LR CC and selected to edit in Photoshop.  The pic opened there.  I wanted to remove the background and place it on a graph paper background so I could better estimate dimensions.  I used the quick select brush to select areas that I deleted.  I enlarged photo and tried to erase more of the background.  My eraser did not work and as I moved the picture around the screen using my mouse, i found that the picture was moving in a very jumpy fashion and often, it would move on its own or continue to move after I stopped using the mouse.  My iMac processor is 3GHz Intel Core i5, with 16 GB memory and a Radeon Pro 555 @ 2048 MB.  Is my iMac just too underpowered for PS?

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?