• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when relocate the "Creative Cloud Files" folder to an external SSD drive.

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I am a user who works on mac. On my MacBook Pro I would like to relocate the "Creative Cloud Files" folder by moving it to an external SSD drive. I set the new position correctly from the settings. The app says it will move the content and that until then the sync will be paused. OK. At some point an error message appears: Unable to create Creative Cloud File folder in Volumes / etc. I have tried formatting the drive in several ways but I realized that this is not the problem. I can't find a solution and my local drive ran out of space. Do you have any ideas? There is a way to manually copy the files to the new destination and then "forcibly" comunicate the new destination in some hidden line in the system files? Warning: this folder is already shared with 3 other computers and therefore I cannot empty it. Thanks to anyone who will find a solution. I have done this several times with the same result.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronization is not a problem. The folder in the current standard location works fine and syncs smoothly. My problem appears when copying files: from the "standard" folder to the folder that is created in the external drive. The original folder contains approximately 230GB. The drive is 1TB. Copying stops and approximately 170 GB is copied to the new folder on the external drive. Then the error message appears here attached (the message is in Italian and says: "unable to create the Creative Cloud Files folder in / Volumes / Adobe Creative Cloud / Backup CLOUD. Continue using the app without synchronizing files or restore folder from online backup.")

Schermata 2021-06-05 alle 08.19.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a moment ago I tried again. Out of 232 GB he copied 227 GB. Then the error appeared. This time I used a different path on the external drive:

Schermata 2021-06-05 alle 17.19.39.png

It would seem very close to concluding. I don't know why I have this problem. Help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the cause. But I think you have made a disk called Adobe Creative Cloud, and you are creating a folder inside that disk? This can be a problem, especially with Catalina and Big Sur which may ask for permissions. Try making a new folder first, and use a folder inside that (so, not at top level). Anyway, maybe worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Unfortunately I have already tried. Even naming the hard disk in different ways and creating a folder inside it ... Always with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meanwhile, I decided to make a scientific comparison of the original folder with the one copied to the external drive. My intent is to check which files are not copied and may be the cause of the interruption. Once the files have been found, I will delete them from the original folder (obviously saving them separately) and try the whole process again. Maybe it can be the solution. Will update you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines