• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with (missing) context menu options for file sync

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'v reinstalled the latest Creative Cloud desktop app, and updated to the latest version of CC 2015 - but I cannot get the Creative Cloud context menu to allow me to selectively turn off sync for folders there.

To troubleshoot in Creative Cloud preferences :

1. I made sure Sync was on, and

2. I tested a sync. Files moved successfully to the cloud and accessible on other devices. The context menu does not show the options per How to: Choose which Creative Cloud shared folders you sync

I'm on Adobe Creative Cloud 2.1.3.121.

If there were another menu option outside of the failing context menu that would be great.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnBall007,

I'm sorry that the context menu isn't currently working.  May I ask the following questions so we can help you get around this problem?

• What platform are you running on, (Windows or Mac)
  • Are the files / folders in question involved in a collaboration with another user?
  • Can you see the syncing icons (green ticks, blue arrows) in the Creative Cloud Files folder?

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley,

It looks like the way this works doesn’t support my requirement. First, to answer your questions:

• What platform are you running on, (Windows or Mac) BOTH
  • Are the files / folders in question involved in a collaboration with another user? NO
  • Can you see the syncing icons (green ticks, blue arrows) in the Creative Cloud Files folder? YES USUALLY, JUST CHECKED, AND NO AT PRESENT ON THIS MACHINE.

I have 3 machines I use daily. A Windows office PC and 2 Macbook Pros using both OSX and Windows 8.1. One of the Macbooks has almost no storage left, so I need to minimise sync to that one. What I want to do is select some files/directories to sync. I use OSX on one, and Windows on the other and only dual boot when needed. Those have the active licenses. The office PC I use when in the office a few times a month - I swap the licenses from a laptop when there.

It looks like the Adobe cloud storage MUST sync all machines totally or none. If this is right, it means I cannot use the Adobe file storage. I also use Google drive, Microsoft OneDrive and DropBox which all allow a selection of files to sync.

Looking at the file sync, it looks like you can only select NOT to sync files if you have multiple accounts. Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

This feature is currently only available to use with folders other people have shared with you.

From the page you linked to above (How to: Choose which Creative Cloud shared folders you sync😞

If you do not have any Shared Folders in Creative Cloud there will be no menu or sync options to show. You must have accepted shares that belong to other people

Best wishes,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines