• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Creative Cloud storage (again!)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems when uploading files to Creative Cloud storage. Some of the files go - some don't, and are flagged 'Unable to Sync'. I have had this problem for some time and have stopped using CC sync, but I thought I would give it another go the other day, and still no luck. The files that are reported as being a problem seem fine - no issue with the names, or anything that I can see.

I spent almost an hour on the phone to technical support about this issue about a week ago and the guys I was speaking to (I kept being pushed on to someone else) didn't seem to have any idea. They just kept going through all my security questions and then put me on hold whilst they asked someone more knowledgeable. They would then come back on and pass me to someone else (more security questions) until eventually the last guy I spoke to said he didn't know the answer and an Adobe representative would contact me in 24 to 48 hours. Not a very impressive turn around for customer support - even less so since it is now a week later and still no call. Let's face it. I'm not going to get a response from Adobe.

As a test, I tried uploading the same files to DropBox. Not very technical perhaps, but I just reasoned that if there were problems with one system, they should show up on the other. Imagine. They uploaded to DropBox no problem.

So the technical fix is forget Creative Cloud storage and use DropBox. Okay, you have to pay for a reasonable amount of storage, but if you depend on your files for your business, it's worth it.

I'm worried though. I'm a big fan of Adobe, and have been using their products for years but am getting concerned that, should I have any problem with any of their CC products their support will be minimal (if I'm lucky) or non-existant (as seems more likely).

As a little extra comment, I have emptied out my CC Storage files (and the archived files) and yet the CC system still says I have 528MB stored - although there is nothing there. I had this once before and the Adobe technical guy reset the system - but it's back!

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE! I just opened my CC storage in a browser and tried to drag and drop the troublesome files directly. And it worked! So maybe the problem is with the CC app. (I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it numerous times). So dragging and dropping is a fix, but not very practical since you cannot drag and drop folders, so you have to create all the folders in the browser version and then drag the files as required.

Anyone got any ideas?

iMac with OS X 10.9, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Design9Man - Just resolved your issue after it came in from Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues. Trying to start using cloud storage. Sync isn't working properly - says all the files are up to date - but they're clearly not in the cloud. I have way too many files to drag and drop. So for now I will continue to use my DropBox - which is slam full. Also had a similar issue with Customer Support yesterday. Trying to resolve an issue with CC version compatibility. Customer support is Adobe's biggest weakness. For now I'll keep searching the forums for a way to store my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woah - Ok so sometimes it's the simplest answer we overlook -- HOW TO MOVE YOUR FILES FROM COMPUTER TO ADOBE CLOUD -- EASILY

(for windows users)

1 - Start menu

2 - Go to Computer - OS ( C:)  - Users  - "Your Name"

3 - You should see here - the folders you need - Creative Cloud Files - and also - My Docs, My Pics, etc -- The app will not allow this task - windows will

4 - Right click on the source folder - (Pics, docs)

5 - Select copy

6 - Right click on Creative Cloud Files

7 - Select Paste

This will transfer all files in that library to the Adobe Cloud folder and allow them to be synced to the cloud

Hopefully this will save some folks the Head - desks it caused me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines