• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Management - Creative Cloud vs Dropbox

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dropbox (DB) for project storage for almost a decade. Everything is in DB - AI docs, PSDs, Excel docs (budgets, etc.), PowerPoints, source video footage and AE files. It's all neat & tidy inside a prebuilt file structure. I even store my Lightroom Classic catalog on DB. Using DB for everything means I never have to worry about backups or syncing - plus, sharing a file or a set of final elements with a client is super easy. Lastly, archiving is quick & painless because I just zip up the entire set of folders and move it to an Archive folder - also on DB so it's backed up.

However, CC is growing up, and with integrations along the entire suite of Adobe apps, it's quickly becoming a better way to manage the creative process. I watching the MAX Keynote now and it looks really cool. The problem for me though is that CC leaves out all the other types of files that I mentioned above when working on a project. It also doesn't seem to have an easy way to archive files.

Does anyone have any insights on project managment and using CC to truly create an entire project system from start to finish and even archiving that's similar to my DB process above?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ItsWilder,

I'd suggest posting this here as a feature request https://creativecloudassets.uservoice.com/forums/905290-request-features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before this year, I used to manage all my data by myself. I was using the traditional way: a pencil and an agenda. However, after developing my business, I started looking for an advanced feature to help me. I found this project management system. This is the platform where I organize all my data, meetings, and contacts. Conveniently, it has a mobile app. This way, I can constantly access all the information I may need. The system allows me to send tasks from one account to another. These are the main features I use, but you should look for all of them and see if it matches your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since this comment is over 2 yrs old at this point, I've long since moved on from trying to make Adobe any sort of project management system and there should be some way to close a comment but, if there is, I don't see it.

For clarity sake, about 6 mos. ago I built an entire PM system using Notion and now my entire company is adapting it.

Thanks for all the suggestions along the way, but I'm good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines