Project Management - Creative Cloud vs Dropbox

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dropbox (DB) for project storage for almost a decade. Everything is in DB - AI docs, PSDs, Excel docs (budgets, etc.), PowerPoints, source video footage and AE files. It's all neat & tidy inside a prebuilt file structure. I even store my Lightroom Classic catalog on DB. Using DB for everything means I never have to worry about backups or syncing - plus, sharing a file or a set of final elements with a client is super easy. Lastly, archiving is quick & painless because I just zip up the entire set of folders and move it to an Archive folder - also on DB so it's backed up.

However, CC is growing up, and with integrations along the entire suite of Adobe apps, it's quickly becoming a better way to manage the creative process. I watching the MAX Keynote now and it looks really cool. The problem for me though is that CC leaves out all the other types of files that I mentioned above when working on a project. It also doesn't seem to have an easy way to archive files.

Does anyone have any insights on project managment and using CC to truly create an entire project system from start to finish and even archiving that's similar to my DB process above?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project Management - Creative Cloud vs Dropbox

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dropbox (DB) for project storage for almost a decade. Everything is in DB - AI docs, PSDs, Excel docs (budgets, etc.), PowerPoints, source video footage and AE files. It's all neat & tidy inside a prebuilt file structure. I even store my Lightroom Classic catalog on DB. Using DB for everything means I never have to worry about backups or syncing - plus, sharing a file or a set of final elements with a client is super easy. Lastly, archiving is quick & painless because I just zip up the entire set of folders and move it to an Archive folder - also on DB so it's backed up.

However, CC is growing up, and with integrations along the entire suite of Adobe apps, it's quickly becoming a better way to manage the creative process. I watching the MAX Keynote now and it looks really cool. The problem for me though is that CC leaves out all the other types of files that I mentioned above when working on a project. It also doesn't seem to have an easy way to archive files.

Does anyone have any insights on project managment and using CC to truly create an entire project system from start to finish and even archiving that's similar to my DB process above?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
David__B LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ItsWilder,

I'd suggest posting this here as a feature request https://creativecloudassets.uservoice.com/forums/905290-request-features

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0