Purchase Typekit font as perpetual license?

Advisor ,
Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I like a family I'm using via my Typekit access/synching, and I want to have a copy "permanently" (so I can include it in my packaged InDesign file), how do I do that? I looked all over the Typekit site but don't see that option.

BTW if there's a Typekit forum here, let me know ... this is the one the Search field brought me to. No active forums on the Typekit site as far as I could tell.

AM

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Purchase Typekit font as perpetual license?

Advisor ,
Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I like a family I'm using via my Typekit access/synching, and I want to have a copy "permanently" (so I can include it in my packaged InDesign file), how do I do that? I looked all over the Typekit site but don't see that option.

BTW if there's a Typekit forum here, let me know ... this is the one the Search field brought me to. No active forums on the Typekit site as far as I could tell.

AM

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2013 0
liz_g LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnneMarie,

Most foundries sell desktop licenses for their fonts on their own website or through an authorized reseller.  The name of the foundry and a link to the website is include at the top of the Typekit font detail page; for instance, Proxima Nova is by Mark Simonson Studio:

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 14.06.39 PM.png

Note that not all font license agreements allow you to send font files to third parties, such as a printing company, unless that third party has their own license to the same font.  Check with the foundry on the licensing details to be sure that you are using the font within the terms of the license.

I hope that this helps!  Let me know if you have any other questions, either here or at support@typekit.com.

-- liz

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2013 0