• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Failed to sync: foo.tmp"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often after saving I get a pop up message stating "failed to sync ###.tmp file". Now since I know what the .tmp files are, I assume those working on the Creative Cloud sync do as well. Consequently I fail to understand why they have not excluded these files from sync. These are temporary files created by photoshop and should never be synced!

The lack of attention to detail in these products has become astounding.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi a_flaster‌,

Please refer to this KB doc. Error: "Unable to sync files".

Open the CC desktop app, navigate to the Gear icon -> Preferences->Creative Cloud -> File -> Turn off Sync & Then turn On again.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi a_flaster‌,

Please refer to this KB doc. Error: "Unable to sync files".

Open the CC desktop app, navigate to the Gear icon -> Preferences->Creative Cloud -> File -> Turn off Sync & Then turn On again.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a go but nothing in the article link you posted is relevant here. I am not creating these files and therefore have no influence over the naming convention. CC should not be trying to sync the temp files that photoshop creates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey a_flaster,

Please try the above mentioned step and also let me know that have you made any changes in the location of the sync folder?

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with a_flaster this is not a solution for this problem. We have exactly the same issue with Premiere and AE tmp files. The only solution we have found is to turn off Sync notifications. The error still arises but we don't get hounded by constant notifications every time there is an autosave or we do an export.

As a_flaster CC should completely ignore all .tmp files as by their very nature they are ephemeral and should not be synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines