Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REQUEST: Sharing Folders/Files for Collaboration Takes Space on Both Accounts

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I've noticed that when I share a folder or a file for collaboration with someone else with an Adobe Account (either a free tier or a having a paid subscription), the space is counted towards both accounts.

I do believe this is a bug/issue and not the way this is intended to work.

There are many use cases where this is can create issues (even preventing the use of the collaboration feature).

In my specific case, I do share files with clients that do not have a CC subscription so they only have 2gb free, while this is enough for many cases it is not enough most of the time.

Also, this does not feel an honest practice, after all both users are paying for the same space.

Other file sharing services (like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive) do not do this, in their services the space is only counted on the owner account.

The fact that this is counter-intuitive makes me believe most of the users are NOT aware that the collaboration disk usage works this way.

While I do understand why this works this way, I believe it is not how it should work and this hinders the user experience of the adobe Creative Cloud File Sharing.

Please consider this suggestion/request and make the space usage count only against the owner of the folder/files.

Thank you very much!

Message was edited by: António Pinto Corrected as Dropbox seems to work like Creative Cloud, shared folders take space on both accounts.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue and just posted a new question about it. It's been over a year so I would think they would have this figured out. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi António, there are a few different ways files can be shared. You can share just a link to download the file (which includes an option to Allow Save to Creative Cloud, which will impact storage). https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html this option doesn't require the recipient to have a Creative Cloud membership and shouldn't impact their storage (exception is the previously mentioned option). The collaborative workflow on the other hand works the way you describe. This workflow was intended for working collaboratively on files or folders. This FAQ may help explain some of the differences too https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/collaboration-faq.html

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines