Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restored files have disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

in a moment of spring cleaning, I accidentally deleted a folder I shouldn't had. NP, I recalled Creative Cloud's archiving function so headed to the website. I successfully found my deleted files and clicked the "restore" action. After confirming, the files disappeared from the archive list.

However, they never returned in my files list either. So now they are completely gone... No longer in the archive, and not in the files.

Any idea where they have gone, and how I can retrieve them??

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

The file you mention is inside a folder in the Archive. You will not be able to see it until you do a Restore. The Archive is "flat" meaning you cannot see the contents of top-level folders until they are restored to the Files section.

I have emailed you additional details including a full listing of the contents of your Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Do the files appear here in the main files section? Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David,

no they don't appear there. That's what I meant with "files list".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying. I'm working with our engineering group to see what options are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know the name of the folder(s) / files(s) you tried to Restore. Need this information in order to investigate. If you do not want to post these names here in a public forum please either send me a Private Message (via the forums) or email me at kenrice@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ken,

IIRC one of the files was named Logo_1_Icons_Square.psd, this file was in the root of my creative cloud folder. Sadly, I've got absolutely no idea what the other files were named by heart :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you mention is inside a folder in the Archive. You will not be able to see it until you do a Restore. The Archive is "flat" meaning you cannot see the contents of top-level folders until they are restored to the Files section.

I have emailed you additional details including a full listing of the contents of your Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ken,

thanks a lot for this information.

I did not realize this was the way restoring worked.

I think it is very confusing tho.?! In the archive list, I see all my files individually, without knowledge of the folder they are/were sitting in. If I deleted a lot of folder (as I did), I have to know/guess what folder the file was in, and then I need to restore that folder COMPLETELY, to restore my 1 file?

Anyway, I am very happy to have this functionality and have my files back. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the feedback.

If you want to recover a file that is inside an archived folder then you need to restore the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines