• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restoring My Hard Drive: How do I protect my libraries?

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to restore my desktop iMac (running Sierra 10.12.5) to factory settings. I'm worried about my libraries. Where are the libraries stored? Do I need to rescue them somehow first? I ask because there are times when I send links to my Adobe Cloud Photoshop files to clients or assistants, and when they download the files, the library files don't seem to be included in the document. (That's another question I guess, ha ha!) So are they nestled somewhere on my computer? Do I back them up?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Hi Jessica,

Assets get synced to Creative Cloud when added to a library and are stored online so backups shouldn't be required. If you have source files which the library assets were created from as linked assets, you may want to create a backup of those source files as an extra precaution.

I suspect the instances where you shared files with clients which contained broken links to library assets were related to linked assets. I'd recommend embedding them in the document instead. This help article

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jessica,

Assets get synced to Creative Cloud when added to a library and are stored online so backups shouldn't be required. If you have source files which the library assets were created from as linked assets, you may want to create a backup of those source files as an extra precaution.

I suspect the instances where you shared files with clients which contained broken links to library assets were related to linked assets. I'd recommend embedding them in the document instead. This help article has some related info: Creative Cloud Libraries in Photoshop

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines