• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restrict permissions of the pddoc during opening using _t_PDDocOpenParams::restrictPerms

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am trying to restrict the permissions on a document during opening of the document without making any modifications on the document security policy itself.
The restrictions are based on some policies (dynamic in nature). Hence I am specifying permission callback as part of opening the AVDoc (using the AVDocPermReqProc permReqProc;) most of the permissions are being honored by the tools and are working as expected.

The below are the list of things which I couldn't get working.

1. Disabling the UI Email option is not working.
  2. Combine file and compare file tools is able to extract the pages from the document inspite of request being denied by the callback.

To test if the permissions from the pddoc layer are being honored I even tried removing most of permissions while opening the pddoc using the _t_PDDocOpenParams and corresponding function. Even this seems to not stop those tools from accessing the pddoc pages. Now I am not sure if this is a problem of the _t_PDDocOpenParams::restrictPerms or the tools themselves.

Needed suggestions to disable the above specified options or to get the restrictPerms working while opening the PDDoc as I have seen the combine tools and compare tools honoring those pdPerms in case of secured pdf files.

Thanks & Regards,

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think email was replaced by Share and nobody thought to update the API. Similarly the API was forgotten when compare was rewritten a few years ago. Feature requests: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Or if you feel it's a bug, the same form. Be sure to state your business case clearly and make your request general, to increase the number of votes you might get. Votes are counted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your quick response. Any other alternatives / suggestions? Like is there any way to disable those tools and buttons when the current document is open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines