• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective File sync Sucks...

Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why... Why oh why do you chose to stop half way adobe... Like seriously...

You can only selectively sync files that are shared with you??? Really??? Why only files that are shared with me? That is so stupid... Why can I not choose whatever files I want? I am on a different computer for work and I thought this is cool I can use all my tools and just sign in... What the creative cloud is really for... But this is a work computer at a office that I do not own...

So I want to save my project files to the cloud for back up... But I don't want to download any of the files that are in my cloud... Like this should really be possible but because for no reason you decided to make it not possible and super annoying... When will this be fixed and update to work like all other cloud file sharing services...

Also you should really make that a manageable from the preferences section within the creative cloud... That way I can choose with files are sunk before they are sunk...

ugh... adobe...

How to: Choose which Creative Cloud shared folders you sync

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BernardDigital - Thanks for the feedback.

A workaround is to turn file sync off via the Creative Cloud desktop app preferences on your work computer. You can then upload files in your browser at https://assets.adobe.com/files. Replace is also available for versioning. Then at home all the files will be available via file sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I can do it manually... I just really want it to be have the folder so every time I save its auto uploaded...

Please please... Make selective file sync a thing... Just how dropbox does it... They are on AWS too... Please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernard and Ken,

I totally agree, this makes Adobe Cloud not for most people with laptops with smaller drives. Also, I wouldn't make it just like dropbox, because Dropbox forces you to sync to all your computers, THEN you can go to each computer and do the selective sync. What would be even better would be to have a list of computer just beside the Folder inside the web interface for Cloud and tell it, to sync or not from there, that way. you wouldn't have to start synching everything and remove it with selective sync. You could also have an option to auto accept all new folder for those who would prefer to have everything synced. So You could have the auto sync ON for your Desktop and OFF for your portable and just add the one you really need on the portable.

Second issue is LAN sync. This is major for small studios. If you need to upload 3 GB of data, times 4, that's a lot of bandwidth that needs to go up and downd the pipe. it should just do the LAN sync first, and continue uploading to the cloud in the background. This is one thing Dropbox excels at and that's why they are on the top of the bunch of cloud services. They also have block update, or something that transfers just the block of the file that has changed, and not the whole file everything you change something. I don't know if that's what Adobe does though, couldn't find any info on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC currently does not offer LAN Sync... I submitted a feature request and started another post here : Does Creative Cloud File Sync use LAN sync as well?

All we can hope is they catch up soon!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But you are able to selectively sync files/folders that were shared with you?

I ask because my whole studio team is unable to select items for selective sync and it is becoming a performance issue, a workflow issue and just a plain pain in the butt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines