• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective subscription required

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud loaded on my work computer at work and work computer at home. I have Fireworks CS6 on both (because it is simpler to use, IMO, than PS) but, more importantly to me, I have Dreamweaver CS6 loaded. I DO NOT want to have to use the new version of DW because (at least the last time I looked) it does not have code hinting, among other things. Adobe wants to force you to use their new coding platform and I don't want to go there. Neither of them will load now because it says my license has expired. All the other apps load okay so I suspect it is because they are CS6.

Am I correct? Is there anything I can do to keep my old DW?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I've had you chasing something that, as it turns out, may not be important. DW CC has apparently changed a great deal since I last looked at it. I installed it and it looks like it may work okay with CF coding. I'm going to go that route for now. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creative cloud (once installed) takes over you perpetual licenses and converts them to subscriptions.  but if your subscription is current you should be able to continue using your cs6 programs.

on the license expired message is there an option to "subscribe" or "renew" or "sign in" etc?  if so, select that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing like that shows. I'm attaching an image when I try to access Fireworks. (I have DW open on the office computer and I don't want to close it and try opening it again. This just started a couple of days ago.

)Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at Account Details and lean more but no joy there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify the membership expired adobe id, https://account.adobe.com.  ie, check for that stephenl@iu.edu subscription

does adobe show stephenl@iu.edu  has an active cc subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for DW CS6. I'm not sure it ever did (never looked before). I had CS6 installed long before CC came around and CC subsumed it. As I said, never an issue until 2-3 days ago. I think Adobe has killed CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does adobe show stephenl@iu.edu  has an active cc subscription?

you're checking for a current creative cloud subscription, not a cs6 subscription.  (actually, i'm checking to see what adobe id you used for your active cc subscription.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. It shows the new DW but it does not show the old one (CS6). It used to show both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, your current adobe subscription is for dw only and that subscription uses adobe id = stephenl@iu.edu, correct?

if so, you shoud be able to use dw cs6, but no other cs6 program on the computer that has the cc subscription installed.  and that makes no sense.

what do you have a cc subscription (if you have no desire to use anything cc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start again. I've been using DW CS6 and Fireworks for a very long time as well as a number of other CS6 applications.

Along comes CC. All of my Adobe apps transitioned to CC and current versions. I use 5-7 of the apps on a regular basis and I'm okay with the new versions except for DW and preferring Fireworks over PS, but I can live without Fireworks.

Since I had a copy of DW CS6 on my computer I installed it. Lo and behold, it started showing up in CC including some updates. The CS6 version is what I've been using and prefer because the new DW doesn't specifically support ColdFusion (or it didn't the last time I looked).

All was good until 2-3 days ago when the CS6 apps started failing because the license is expired. Everything else still works. I see no way to extend the license for CS6 apps.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe cc doesn't just "come along".  you had to install a subscription or trial.  well, whatever the reason, is it true that you no longer want anything cc on your computer?

(this isn't an academic question:  the "fix" for your problem varies depending on whether you need cc installed on the same computer that has cs6 programs.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think we're communicating well. Yes, I installed CC. (It "came along" in the sense that it became the new way to use Adobe products.) Yes, I need CC installed because I use some of the products alike Acrobat.

As I've pointed out, CC and CS6 have existed side by side (as the image shows) since CC arrived on the scene - until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you have a cc all apps subscription, correct?

if yes, is that subscription listed under adobe id, stephenl@iu.edu when you check the stephenl@iu.edu account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the dw cs6 exe (not a shortcut).  

if you see (something like):

kglad_0-1614703088663.png

click license this software and use stephenl@iu.edu 

if you don't see this and you see

kglad_2-1614703211984.jpeg

click "have a different adobe id" and enter (the same) adobe id, stephenl@iu.edu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the second one. I did as you wrote and it said the CC is now registered for use at IU (it already was) and came back to CC and the same message came up again. License expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I've had you chasing something that, as it turns out, may not be important. DW CC has apparently changed a great deal since I last looked at it. I installed it and it looks like it may work okay with CF coding. I'm going to go that route for now. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines