• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective sync doesn't work in single CC account, multiple machine scenario

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why oh why do I have to have shared a file with someone else to enable selective sync? This is just the most arbitrary short-sighted implementation of selective sync one can imagine. Here's the scenario, I have a desktop with terabytes of storage, now I want to do some work on my laptop, since I log into both machines with the same Creative Cloud account (As I have to if I want my software to be licensed) I would like to selectively sync some files (laptops are low on space Adobe) but I can't do it because you're not allowed to selectively sync your own folders?

Why don't you guys just look at the way dropbox does it and copy them instead of trying to imagine what kind of scenarios your users would be faced with with and then implementing arbitrary rules that hamstring us?

Is there a way around this? I need my files on my laptop but it's only got a SSD drive which can't store the entire content of my CC account.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question should not be marked as having the correct answer. Sharing to a link that doesn't answer the question, just some arbitrary FAQs does not constitute the "correct answer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have unmarked the answer as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines