Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set local directory of CC Libraries

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!

I was wondering where the contents of my CC Libraries are stored, and is there any way I can change that location? I'm desperate to manually set the location of my assets 

TOPICS
File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Hi Warner, creative cloud libraries are stored on your local file system in the standard location for application data. We do not provide a way for users to choose a different location. FYI, on mac this is "/Library/Application Support/Adobe", on windows the location is something like "C:\Users\<username>AppData\Roaming\Adobe". Please be careful not to tamper with these files in any way.

Regards,

Mark Shepherd

CC Libraries Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have informed the CC Library team and they will hopefully come back to you with an answer.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner, creative cloud libraries are stored on your local file system in the standard location for application data. We do not provide a way for users to choose a different location. FYI, on mac this is "/Library/Application Support/Adobe", on windows the location is something like "C:\Users\<username>AppData\Roaming\Adobe". Please be careful not to tamper with these files in any way.

Regards,

Mark Shepherd

CC Libraries Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi– Are you able to tell me where in this folder it's located. As I work with an agency, sometimes I need to package and send my assets in a library out, and I'm just looking for a way to quickly copy all of them, without having to open and save as each one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayzar, we don't publish the exact details of our file locations and formats, because we don't want you to depend on internal implementation details that can change from time to time. All I can tell you is that we are aware that users of CC Libraries would like to have some kind of bulk import/export capability. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mark S

CC Libraries Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue must be solved by adobe!

This folder contain many PSD files with BIG size. in my pc this folder takes more then 20 GB from my main SSD drive and it is only an archive files......

as users, we must have an option to change the location of this folder.

please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a German with an Umlaut in the name, who was stupid enough when setting up Windows 10 to assume that Microsoft would be smart enough when creating a system folder to transform said Umlaut into something that most programs would understand.

It isn't, so my CC library files are now situated in a folder path that Indesign seems to have trouble understanding  - "27 missing links in your .indd", even though I just created it using the CC Libraries window.

And since Indesign keeps insisting that the file it is showing me in the libraries window doesn't exist, there's no way of repairing the links except for my personal hero of the evenings solution, Mefix, whose solution seems to have worked for me.

Thanks Mefix!

And dear Adobe Engineers:
I really love the CC suite, but I also really would love to be able to relocate the folder where my cc library files are stored.

Or have Indesign understand the special characters that my ancestors bestowed me with.

Please?

Sincerely,

Bastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still true? If one CC account is being used by two computers do these assets live on one computer or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't tamper with the files?! What....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have moved this location on the latest version of MAC OSX. Do you know where it has been moved to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I cannot change it and I am forced to have my files on my SSD instead of my harddrive!?

Adobe... get with the times and fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have replied to a thread that is years old.

I suggest you start your own thread, Conversation, and give as much Details as possible on your problem and oir what you are trying to do.

As far a CC Sync features go you can change the Sync folder for Adobe CC files.

2020-08-15 12_30_58-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I still have creative cloud libraries living on my C drive even though my syncing is set to my D drive. Is it safe to delete the files from my C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question as The_Laura. Is it safe to delete from C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you delete it, it comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks.

i have like 30MB left on my C drive and i need more overlays put into the libraries..this is a real big oversight from Adobe and it needs to be fixed.

but seeing as this topic was made years ago and nothing has happened..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac you can find them in this folder:

username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/Libs/

then dig through the lower folders to find your files.

PS No thanks to adobe support for the 3 hours of wasted time for not being able to answer this simple question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to copy these files into another computer? I copied them into the folder but none of the libraries I copied were there.

Thank you.

Julius S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would like is for the libraries to appear on a local machine in a way a human can understand. Maybe storing them in folders the same name as our library folders, naming the files what we name them, etc.

Here I sit with hundreds of library items that need the same update. If the libraries were saved locally in the above manner, the update would be a breeze. They happen to have been created in Illustrator and I could create an action to expedite the process.

The way they are now, I can't tell the difference between the files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Working on PC Win10 x64 pro FYI]

Why wouldn't, or shouldn't, cc libraries be stored and managed in the Creative Cloud Files location? Why must it be buried in the Adobe program location?

Why is management of cc library files such a big secret or made so cumbersome?

Surely it can be made as simple as a DropBox operation where management of a library is as simple as working in File Explorer to add, remove, rename, move, add a folder/library, etc. ...AND be able to move them off of your system drive with limited space and onto a drive with other assets and more space?

Come on Adobe. I know you can do better than this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These template files, on a windows machine, can be located in the %appdata% Roaming>Adobe folder. Once inside this folder, simply search with CTRL+F for files with ".ind" extensions. Then right click and choose "open file location. The path should be similar to what I have uploaded in this picture.

The easiest way to manage these template files is to download the file, open it up in say "InDesign" and then SAVE AS a template to a folder of your making and choosing.

As for licensing and copyright issues, I would welcome feedback from Adobe on this. But this, for me anyway, seems the easiest manner to find, identify and archive these templates.

The alternative is having to manually open each and everyone of these files with 30 odd digit filenames and rename them and save them to other locations.

The benefit of opening from the Application Interface is having the file information and product synopsis at hand

This method seems the more time friendly.

I hope this helps someone.

CC.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a thought. Forget Creative Cloud and Libraries and simply put all your assets in a folder called "Assets." on your server.

In fact, I use Dropbox to store all my assets. With Dropbox I can share a link to any folder with ANYONE. So if somebody needs access to my logo assets, I just e-mail them a link to my "Logos" folder. No actual files are uploaded or downloaded by me.

Because you can also share a folder with other Dropbox members—like my coworkers—they already have access.

Yes there is a fee for Dropbox and the storage size is based on how much you pay. But I have a business account with unlimited storage and five key user memberships. But the fact is—only three people actually access files as members. Everyone else just uses the link. Basically, they store the link, click on it. They go to a Web page called "Assets" they click on "Assets" and choose what type of asset they are looking for: Color templates, Logos, Photos listed by date, Stored information, Meeting minutes, you name it and it can be an asset. I can send my entire 8 tB Asset folder to you in seconds—because it's just a URL.

Seriously Adobe—c'mon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how is that better than CC Libraries?

Does that give you automatic in-tool support and instant collaboration with live updates in all projects using the shared (linked) assets?

Manage assets with Creative Cloud Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I do and have changed my default locations *TO A DEGREE. I was responding to the OP asking WHERE they are by default. I mean to say that I have jjst CTR+SHIFT+S and saved them with different file names that I can relate to. I have a feeling they wanted to do the same sort of thing. And I agree with the productivity workflow ideology @ProDesignTools speaks of. So, I leave my CC Library assets as are so updates and so on work smoothly, I have just backed up and renamed MY iterations accordingly....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines