Set local directory of CC Libraries

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!

I was wondering where the contents of my CC Libraries are stored, and is there any way I can change that location? I'm desperate to manually set the location of my assets 

Hi Warner, creative cloud libraries are stored on your local file system in the standard location for application data. We do not provide a way for users to choose a different location. FYI, on mac this is "/Library/Application Support/Adobe", on windows the location is something like "C:\Users\<username>AppData\Roaming\Adobe". Please be careful not to tamper with these files in any way.

Regards,

Mark Shepherd

CC Libraries Engineering

TOPICS
File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Set local directory of CC Libraries

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!

I was wondering where the contents of my CC Libraries are stored, and is there any way I can change that location? I'm desperate to manually set the location of my assets 

Hi Warner, creative cloud libraries are stored on your local file system in the standard location for application data. We do not provide a way for users to choose a different location. FYI, on mac this is "/Library/Application Support/Adobe", on windows the location is something like "C:\Users\<username>AppData\Roaming\Adobe". Please be careful not to tamper with these files in any way.

Regards,

Mark Shepherd

CC Libraries Engineering

TOPICS
File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2015 2
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have informed the CC Library team and they will hopefully come back to you with an answer.

Thanks

Warner

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2015 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards,

Mark Shepherd

CC Libraries Engineering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2015 1
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi– Are you able to tell me where in this folder it's located. As I work with an agency, sometimes I need to package and send my assets in a library out, and I'm just looking for a way to quickly copy all of them, without having to open and save as each one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2015 2
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayzar, we don't publish the exact details of our file locations and formats, because we don't want you to depend on internal implementation details that can change from time to time. All I can tell you is that we are aware that users of CC Libraries would like to have some kind of bulk import/export capability. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mark S

CC Libraries Engineering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2015 1
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue must be solved by adobe!

This folder contain many PSD files with BIG size. in my pc this folder takes more then 20 GB from my main SSD drive and it is only an archive files......

as users, we must have an option to change the location of this folder.

please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 16
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a German with an Umlaut in the name, who was stupid enough when setting up Windows 10 to assume that Microsoft would be smart enough when creating a system folder to transform said Umlaut into something that most programs would understand.

It isn't, so my CC library files are now situated in a folder path that Indesign seems to have trouble understanding  - "27 missing links in your .indd", even though I just created it using the CC Libraries window.

And since Indesign keeps insisting that the file it is showing me in the libraries window doesn't exist, there's no way of repairing the links except for my personal hero of the evenings solution, Mefix, whose solution seems to have worked for me.

Thanks Mefix!

And dear Adobe Engineers:
I really love the CC suite, but I also really would love to be able to relocate the folder where my cc library files are stored.

Or have Indesign understand the special characters that my ancestors bestowed me with.

Please?

Sincerely,

Bastian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2017 0
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still true? If one CC account is being used by two computers do these assets live on one computer or both?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't tamper with the files?! What....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2018 2
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have moved this location on the latest version of MAC OSX. Do you know where it has been moved to?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I cannot change it and I am forced to have my files on my SSD instead of my harddrive!?

Adobe... get with the times and fix this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have replied to a thread that is years old.

I suggest you start your own thread, Conversation, and give as much Details as possible on your problem and oir what you are trying to do.

As far a CC Sync features go you can change the Sync folder for Adobe CC files.

2020-08-15 12_30_58-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I still have creative cloud libraries living on my C drive even though my syncing is set to my D drive. Is it safe to delete the files from my C drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question as The_Laura. Is it safe to delete from C drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you delete it, it comes back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks.

i have like 30MB left on my C drive and i need more overlays put into the libraries..this is a real big oversight from Adobe and it needs to be fixed.

but seeing as this topic was made years ago and nothing has happened..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac you can find them in this folder:

username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/Libs/

then dig through the lower folders to find your files.

PS No thanks to adobe support for the 3 hours of wasted time for not being able to answer this simple question.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2016 9
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to copy these files into another computer? I copied them into the folder but none of the libraries I copied were there.

Thank you.

Julius S.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would like is for the libraries to appear on a local machine in a way a human can understand. Maybe storing them in folders the same name as our library folders, naming the files what we name them, etc.

Here I sit with hundreds of library items that need the same update. If the libraries were saved locally in the above manner, the update would be a breeze. They happen to have been created in Illustrator and I could create an action to expedite the process.

The way they are now, I can't tell the difference between the files...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2016 8