Highlighted

Share Files not downloading for any computer client or browser

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was another post regarding this issue and it was marked as answered, but I am still having the issue. Basically my client has tried every browser commonly available and I have tried 3 different computers and my phone to download using the share link and it is not working. Unfortunately this is an urgent issue and they are waiting on the file. It appears to be the larger cloud files that are having the issue. My smaller files are still able to be downloaded using the public server side.

Basically the issue is that the link will take you to the file, but once you click the download button it will throw an error or will just not work depending on the browser. This is not a Picnic ie "problem in chair not in computer". I worked computer tech support so know how to troubleshoot. This is most likely due to an update as the site is looking different. I have tried to upload other larger files as well as deleting and uploading again as well as clearing cache as well as.... etc.

I'm sure the tech support folks are running around with their hair on fire but wanted to let everyone know that it is still not working.

As an added note I have been using the cloud files for a couple of years now with clients and apart from a few minor issues it has worked amazingly well. Unfortunately this happened at the most inopportune time as the client waited entirely too long to download and now are in a bind and it is Murphy's law that the day they need the file the cloud breaks haha.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Dustin Dooley updated subject line to add download

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Share Files not downloading for any computer client or browser

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was another post regarding this issue and it was marked as answered, but I am still having the issue. Basically my client has tried every browser commonly available and I have tried 3 different computers and my phone to download using the share link and it is not working. Unfortunately this is an urgent issue and they are waiting on the file. It appears to be the larger cloud files that are having the issue. My smaller files are still able to be downloaded using the public server side.

Basically the issue is that the link will take you to the file, but once you click the download button it will throw an error or will just not work depending on the browser. This is not a Picnic ie "problem in chair not in computer". I worked computer tech support so know how to troubleshoot. This is most likely due to an update as the site is looking different. I have tried to upload other larger files as well as deleting and uploading again as well as clearing cache as well as.... etc.

I'm sure the tech support folks are running around with their hair on fire but wanted to let everyone know that it is still not working.

As an added note I have been using the cloud files for a couple of years now with clients and apart from a few minor issues it has worked amazingly well. Unfortunately this happened at the most inopportune time as the client waited entirely too long to download and now are in a bind and it is Murphy's law that the day they need the file the cloud breaks haha.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Dustin Dooley updated subject line to add download

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several hours of phone support and chat support this issue is still not resolved. Is anyone else still having public link issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue with the file share public download side of things. Dave B has responded and is actively helping me. I also have some upset clients that are unable to review their content and am now going to have to purchase another file sharing subscription.

Unfortunately I now have a notice on bigger files that it is too big to upload. I have never had this happen and Mr. B sent me a link that states that the limit is 5Gig. As recently as August I was able to upload a 10gig plus file. Mr. B says there has been a limit the entire time, but I am in video production and almost all of the files over the years have been larger than 5Gig. I'm unsure as to why this would all of a sudden happen. Maybe I have been getting around their limits for years I suppose.

This service has been one of the things that I recommend to all of the production houses I work with from Iceland to here locally. I have been using it heavily for the last few years and I would say that at least 80% of the deliverables are larger than 5gig. With this new issue of having a 5gig limit, I cannot recommend to any business dealing with high quality video as it is not common to deliver a 4K file at any length under 5gig.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
_Dooley LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update to this issue, the engineering team was able to resolve the download issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines