• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing a folder from Creative Cloud

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if anyone has their creative cloud storage set up this way... and if yes, how did you do it?

Here's what I'm trying to do: I have all of my working documents saved to my CC cloud in order to make the files accessible to people I work with. What I did was create a folder in my "Creative Cloud Files" folder called "Working Docs". I work on my projects from this folder and it synchs to the cloud in real time. I then shared this folder as public and make sure "download" is enabled.

My assumption was that if I made this top-level folder accessible and downloadable, everything within it would be downloadable. However, this does not seem to be the case. When the user opens a subfolder and drills down to an individual asset, the settings are still set to "Private". So rather than being able to download a whole folder or individual file from that top-level setting, it looks like I'm going to have to assign a share link to every individual file. This completely defeats the purpose of what I'm needing to do. I want the person I'm sharing with to be able to access any of my working documents at any time. Has anyone achieved this level of sharing? Adobe support couldn't even answer my question so I'm assuming it's not possible.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

not much activity in these forums..  I see it's not offered. That sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not much activity in these forums..  I see it's not offered. That sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chunter22,

I can confirm that when using Send Link to make a folder public, the items within the folder are not automatically made public and downloadable.  This is working as currently designed although this is clearly an area that we'd like to improve.

In the meantime, have you thought of using the Collaboration feature instead of Send Link?  This allows you to collaborate on a folder of files with others on your group. It gives everyone collaborating on the folder the ability to read/write/comment on the files in that folder.  Here are some links for more information:

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines