• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Libraries

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all. I'm hoping for an answer that I haven't discovered yet. I have a set of libraries (around 30) that I need to allow access to for about 30-40 people. The problem is that I want them to have access but not be able to change the libraries, which I know I can set up as view only. But, is there a way for them to pull one of the images out of the library and then edit it in their own Illustrator file without it affecting the library?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian - yes, you can do this.  By default, dragging graphics out of a library will create a linked graphic.  However, if you right click on the graphic element in the library, you can see an option to 'place a copy' which will place an un-linked copy of the graphic element in your document.place.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Todd,

Thanks for your response. I have a question. Is this platform based (PC/Mac)? i've had four people test this and only the person on the PC has this "Place Copy" option, and only my Mac has that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian - this should not be platform specific.  Can you confirm that you have the latest version of the application on both machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

three of them are using 22.1 and the menu only shows up on one of those machines. the other two machines are using 22.0.1 and they do not show up on those either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm -that is curious.  and you are trying to place the same type of asset on all these machines?  would you be willing to share the library with me to test it out as well?  When you say the option isn't there, can you elaborate on what you do see?  just 'place linked'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can certainly share the library. Also, this is the menu that pops up for several of the people.

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 2.36.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Todd, here's the email we got from the Log Collector

Dear User,

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20181025_140751_6DD325D2-C5C6-4001-AC83-8CFAAF26A548-mac.zip

Please use the above filename as a reference when contacting Adobe Customer Care.

Thank you,

The Log Collector Tool team

Note: Please do not reply to this email; it is auto-generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brian. We will investigate this further.

Thanks,

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I have an additional question.

Can you confirm if you are not seeing the place options when you have a document open?

Below you can find two images of the context menu when you have a document open versus when you don't have a document open:

No document open

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.36.01 AM.png

Document open

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.36.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, everybody had an actual document open when they tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brianl49593765​

Hi Brian,

There are two ways you can collaborate on the libraries.

1) Invite your collaborators and provide just 'View Access'

2) Create a public link, and enable the 'Follow' option

We recommend doing number 1 since, it provides you more control over who has access to the library.

As for using elements from a 'View only' Library, seems like you have some type of issue going on. Shared libraries with view only should enable those options.

In the picture below, a collaborator with 'View only' access should have a lock next to the library icon, and still should have access to those two options. We will work on figuring out why the issue is present in some of your machines.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.00.39 AM.png

Another option to place unliked elements is to press the "alt/option" key in mac while you drag the elements into the canvas/artboard. That should be the shortcut to the Place unlikes option in the context menu. You can try that and see if it works.

As a last resource you can always place the linked element and unlink it manually from the layers panel (Ps) or the links panel (Ai, Id)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines