• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing PDF with client

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a feature of Creative Cloud that Adobe don't allow sharing of PDFs with clients?

The artwork was sign off and a touch large for email, I thought I would be able to just share it on a link for download over Creative Cloud given the sub comes with 20gb of space.

Sadly unless you are logged into creative account this options isn't offered.

Seems like a massive oversight. Few end clients are going to have creative cloud free or paid for accounts and I'm struggling to understand why this choice was made.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

This is a bug. Will update this thread once it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just send them the link. Otherwise there's plenty of alternate and much better file sharing service than the atrocity Adobe offers...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tested this?

I've tried and the link share only shared a JPG or PNG not the full PDF.

If you are logged into your creative cloud account you can download the PDF from the link but my clients don't have a creative cloud account.

Of course there are other ways it just seemed like a convenient way to share large finished files and contrary to the marketing spiel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug. Will update this thread once it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ken much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same prob., since thursday (24.7.) - four of my clients were very angry (two is printing-works). Now is Saturday and still not working... (sorry for my English)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RoboD - The workaround is to have the clients sign up for a free Adobe ID. If they are signed in they will be able to download the PDF original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till thursday my clients can downloaded pdf without free Adobe ID. Why they can't now?

I have to explain every of my client, that they must sign and give Adobe theires name and e-mail... Most of my consumer doesn't do it.

Main reason for buying the cloud was trouble-free sending and wieving print data, and other in pdf. This change condition of using cloud is really incorrect by Adobe and cloud will going to be unusable. (sorry for my English again...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue fixed on Production. Users who are not signed in should now see the option to download PDF files that are public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After two years I have same problem. My client can not download original pdf, only jpg!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tooks a week (middle Europe), but now its fixed. So thanx Adobe ... in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines