• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shell overlay icons do not appear in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shell overlay icons (which indicate when a file or folder is syncing) for Adobe Creative Cloud do not appear on my Windows 10 system.  I realize that Windows has a limit of 15 overlay icons, but so far only 13 are in use (allocated to OneDrive and Adobe CC).  I see AccExtIco1, AccExtIco2, and AccExtIco3 listed in the registry, but no overlay icons appear when I drag a file into my Creative Cloud folder.  What can I do to fix this?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to correct forum space.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Velcroface,

This is not a common issue. Have the shell overlay icons ever appeared on the system? Does it make any difference if you close out all other programs running in the system tray and then launch the Creative Cloud app by using rt-click Run As Administrator?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the shell overlay icons have never appeared on either of my Windows 10 systems.  That is, no doubt, because Windows 10 insists on giving priority to its own cloud service, OneDrive.  Each of the entries in the Registry for the OneDrive shell icon overlays have two leading spaces.  I tried deleting one of those spaces to put OneDrive on the same level as Creative Cloud.  That appeared to solve the issue with Creative Cloud, but then the shell icon overlays disappeared for all the OneDrive folders and files except those that were shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines