So Adobe HAS to have processes running all the time?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most apps I use, I don't want Adobe to start on startup or keep thing running when I close the apps. I have Creative Cloud Desktop set to NOT open on startup...yet I keep getting nagged about updates periodically. And when I update (or just check in the app without updating) and then close, it remains in my system tray and keeps processes running. All the time. If I try to sign out, it informs me I can't even run the programs without being signed in again. The programs I pay to use. It even wants to sync files onto a cloud, which as far as I can see I only have options to pause (as oppsed to OPTING OUT of using cloud storage altogether like a sane program would allow).

See, this is why I hesitated to leave Photoshop CS6 (it was a student version from college and I didn't want to abuse that). I paid for the program, I installed the program, it only opened when I wanted and updated when I wanted and I didn't have to be connected at the damn hip to Adobe via their stupid app every time I wanted to use it. So, if indeed the things in the first paragraph here are true, I'm just going to find a different program and stop sending Adobe their annoying monthly fee.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Feature request, File sync, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My CC Desktop App is not running (Quit).

Did you turn off Notifications in CC Desktop App Preferences?

Saving files to Creative Cloud storage folder is optional.  You're under no obligation to use it. 

Did you also remove CC desktop app from running on startup through your operating system's settings?

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines