• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some error occurred during cloud switching - syncing paused, will not restart

Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this message briefly every time I sign into Windows 10. "Some error occurred during cloud switching" and syncing fails.

I have no idea what this message means.

The cloud icon has a blue "paused" button and when I try to restart syncing it just gets stuck "syncing" and nothing happens.

The only solution is to quit Creative Cloud, then go into task Manager and close all the instances of Creative Cloud related apps, then restart Creative Cloud.

This is not a useful solution. This is just getting very frustrating.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dv8kiwi,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. As a test could you create a new admin user then uninstall and reinstall the Creative Cloud app when logged in under that account? This document explains how to remove the Creative Cloud app. Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Also, another test would be try temporarily closing any anti-virus or other cloud storage syncing software (GoogleDrive, Dropbox, etc.) to see if that makes any difference.

Please let me know if these help,
Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David,

I have disabled it in the Startup list in Task Manager and launch it manually after Windows starts which works so I'm living with that for the time being. I will try disabling Google Drive One Drive and Drop Box and set CC back to start at some point as a test when I have the time.

Why do I need to create a new admin account? What would be wrong with uninstalling and reinstalling CC in the current account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Dv8kiwi,

Working in a new acct would be to test if some of the permissions in your current account were preventing the Creative Cloud app from installing or operating correctly. It may not be required, just another test to help narrow down the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, I have now tried another account (which works) and various startup configurations (which all work except when Dropbox is in startup mode) So starting Dropbox manually after everything has started eliminates the problem. The problem is also gone when I start Dropbox automatically and start CC manually, so I will not not accept "because Dropbox" because CC and Dropbox are interfering with each other somehow. Can anybody tell me what "Some error occurred during cloud switching" actually means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dv8kiwi,

Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure what the "Some error occurred during cloud switching" message means either. It sounds like some kind of conflict between Dropbox and Creative Cloud File Sync when they're both set to start automatically when the computer starts up. Are both Dropbox and Creative Cloud sharing the same files at the same location? Does it seems like the error is coming from Dropbox, Creative Cloud, or the operating system (if you can tell)?

I'll report the issue to our engineering department and see if they have any ideas too.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell it is coming from Creative Cloud, given that it's coming up in a Creative Cloud error message in the Windows Notification area. I have also noticed on rare occasions that it has occurred (once or twice) while Dropbox isn't running (although it occurs every time Windows starts if Dropbox is running) There are certainly no common file locations, as they each have entirely unique Windows folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for the quick reply and additional info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, not sure if this is useful or not, but I have seen this fix issues related to not being able to turn on File Sync in the past.

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app | Unable to turn on file sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dv8kiwi,

I brought the issue up with engineering and they were wondering if you help us out by collecting the log files from your system? They should be able to better diagnose the issue from them. We have this tool which collects all the logs into a zip file on the desktop when you run it. Log Collector Tool​

If you could upload the zip here Adobe Creative Cloud, enable it for download and share the link with me I'll pass them on to engineering and then let you know what I find out.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. How do I share the link with you privately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you highlight over my name there should be a message option which goes to me only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David, have you heard anything back about this? I can now confidently report that disabling Dropbox in startup doesn't stop the problem as I mentioned previously. It is ongoing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard anything back yet but will let you know as soon as I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting. I see I'm not the only one on these forums with this problem. I have 2 machines, each entirely different hardware and different Windows accounts and configurations. Both get exactly this same error. The only workaround is to manually start CC after boot. This is not satisfactory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dv8kiwi,

There were some recent updates that could potentially help with this. Do you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed, 4.0.1.188?

Does the issue still occur if you disable Dropbox from starting up automatically?

https://www.dropbox.com/help/166

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it seems to have stopped happening with Dropbox disabled at start. However I also want Dropbox enabled at start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it is still happening. With Dropbox disabled. And on two completely different machines! This is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR ADOBE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS WIDELY REPORTED ISSUE. THE FACT THAT ADOBE HAS IGNORED THIS FOR SIX MONTHS NOW IS SHAMEFUL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines