Some error occurred during cloud switching

Advocate ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error when starting Windows 10. "Some error occurred during cloud switching" and syncing fails.

I have no idea what this message means. Have the gods evicted me from one cloud and forced me to reside on another?

I'm sorry to keep harping on about this, but is there some angel at Adobe that can explain what's going on?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL NO FIX FOR THIS ISSUE OR RESPONSE FROM ADOBE IN ANY FORUM FOR OVER SIX MONTHS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dv8kiwi,

I know this is an issue our engineering team is aware of and is related to a conflict between having both the Adobe Creative Cloud app file sync service and Dropbox both set to load when booting a computer. Engineering has suggested this workaround

Workaround:

Turn Sync off and Sync-on

If it does not resolve the Issue the below steps need to be performed:

• Quit Creative Cloud app and all the related processes (command + option + Q).
  • Delete `~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE`
  • Delete `~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync`
  • Relaunch the Creative Cloud app

There hasn't been very many other reports of this issue, but for those that have, it has been resolved by either uninstalling Dropbox (if you don't use it) or disabling it from loading when booting the computer (I've heard this can be difficult too at times because it re-enables itself). I found these related resources which might help:

Best,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply David. I'm not sure what you mean by "turn sync-off and sync-on"

Otherwise as I said before I do not want to disable Dropbox in any way. It is critical to my workflow. My only workaround at this point is to disable Creative Cloud and enable it when I need it. Which has started to become less frequent as I'm finding I can use Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo for more of my projects.

But if Adobe fixes this I might be inclined to go back to using Creative Cloud apps again more often.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines