Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files failed to sync... aargh!

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.

- Have restarted, tried to switch on/off sync, no go.

- Have uninstalled the desktop app and reinstalled. No go.

- Have (as adviced in an old thread) removed db files from CoreSync folder in Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/CoreSync, no go.

- Restarted my Mac several times, still same error.

File is removed from my Mac, trash bin is emptied. The file isn't present in CC Web nor Archive there as I've emptied the archive too.

Still gets this sync error message for a file that doesn't exist either on my Mac or in the Cloud.

Just realised it was actually a folder with several old designs, but still, it shouldn't matter. That folder with it's files doesn't exist anymore.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JLSkrufve,

Sorry to hear about your frustration.Thanks for the information about everything you've tried so far.

Would it be possible to capture and share a screen shot of the error?

What version of Creative Cloud sync is listed in the preferences?

Please get back to me when you get the chance.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Sure thing! It's CC version 4.6.0.384, the error message doesn't state anything more than " There was a problem syncing som files", no reason... (The reason would be that the file is deleted both on desktop and cloud, so nothing to sync. But why does it try to sync it anyway?!)

Oh, one thing I can add to the description, I am running Mac OS Mojave (latest beta), but I have had the same problem in High Sierra just a couple of months back with some other files. That problem just solved itself automagically after som weeks. Still annoying to see those error messages.

Would a logfile help?

Screenshot 2018-08-28 at 09.10.46.pngScreenshot 2018-08-28 at 09.13.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JLSkrufve,

Thank you for capturing the screen shot. Could you also check the version of Creative Cloud Sync? It is listed in the Creative Cloud > Files section of the preferences.

Do the View on CreativeCloud.com or Get Help links provide any helpful info?

I may need the log files but let me do some internal checking first.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also get "Some files failed to sync" and when I click the learn more button I gives me the errors below:

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 13.37.02.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 13.34.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dollardog,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thank you for sharing the screen shot. Is a specific file or folder mentioned in the error?

Would it be possible to collect log files from your system in relation to the error?

You can download the log collector from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

When you run the log collector it should create a zip file on the desktop of the log files.

If you could upload the log file .zip file here https://assets.adobe.com/files

There is a upload button in the top right of the screen. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and selecting the message option.

If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines