Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop CC sync?

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have never used the file sync feature in CC and I never will. When the CC app was new, I apparently managed to find a way to turn the feature off, so it has never bugged me.

But today I found out that my CC menu item has become equipped with a small "pause" symbol:

menu.png

When I open the CC app, it says that syncing is paused. Not turned off, but paused. And in the settings panel, there is no no-sync option, just an option to de-pause syncing.

Does anybody know if  I have to live with this little pause symbol from now on, reminding me that I'm obviously not using CC the way I should? A bit annoying, to say the least.

Or is there any way to re-disable syncing so that CC goes back to its former behaviour, not implicitly suggesting that I really really should be using the sync feature?

Any help appreciated.

Edit: MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.14.5, CC 5.0.0.354

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There's no way that I know of, I don't use the sync function either and have it set to pause, can't say that the pause symbol on the icon has ever bothered me, infact I only noticed it since you mentioned it and it still doesn't bother me 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pause addition to the menu icon must be fairly new, I haven't seen it before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's been like that since the last update to the Creative Cloud app, in the old app as far as I remember you could actually disable the sync, why they decided to change it is beyond me, you can post a feature request on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now found out the reason for the pause symbol.

After booting the computer, there is no pause symbol attached to the CC menu item. But once I open CC (with file syncing "paused", meaning off), the pause symbol pops up, and will stay on top of the CC menu item until next reboot. Extremely silly behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines