• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop stealing focus. For all your programs.

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows 10 machine and I was typing in Word just now, but then suddenly I wasn't. I figured my computer just froze up for a second, but no. A notification pops up a second later saying that Creative Cloud is now up to date. A background service running an update in the background felt the need to steal focus from what the user was doing.

This is a problem with every single Adobe program I have (and based on forum posts, all the ones I don't have, too). Please stop stealing focus. Adobe programs take a bit to load, that's fine. But could you let us do something else while we wait?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Feedback forum (which is the forum for feedback about the forums) to the CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable a program in Windows startup
-Right click the 'window pane' in the very bottom left corner of the Windows desktop
-Select Task Manager in the pop up option window
-Click More details if you don't see startup
-Select the Startup tab inside Task Manager
-Select the program you want to disable
-Click Disable in the bottom right corner
-BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DISABLE SO YOU DON'T STOP WINDOWS FROM RUNNING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started to happen to me today and I found there were more than 30 instances of one of the Creative Cloud start up applications. It seemed to be starting a new process every few seconds.

This isn't acceptable.

I have had to disabled ALL Adobe services from starting automatically to resolve the issue.

Not acceptable for a product that costs as much as it does - where does the money get invested, not in Testing, obviously...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you rarely use CC desktop app, there's no reason to have it running constantly.  You do have choices, you know.

Turn off automatic app updates and notifications from your CC desktop app.  Click on Preferences (gear icon).  Afterwards, use Ctrl+W to Quit and close the app. 

Another option is to disconnect your PC from the Internet and work offline.  Do whatever works best for you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines