• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storage feature difference between Library and Files.

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC Library allows storage all my photos in Creative Cloud Library, even if there is not enough room on my hard drive for all my photos. Is this feature also available with Creative Cloud Files storage?

If I storage and sync all my photos in Creative Cloud Files, then I need the exact same amount of free space on my own hard drive?

Library.png

Files.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

If syncing is enabled, CC does sync everything locally. Else you need to upload via the web like any off-line storage space.

Automatic syncing ensures synchronization as soon as connected to the net, so that the files are available when needed.

Creative Cloud is in this sense comparable to Dropbox.

Microsoft's oneDrive allows for offline files. But I suppose Microsoft files are generally smaller, so syncing is not so much of an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If syncing is enabled, CC does sync everything locally. Else you need to upload via the web like any off-line storage space.

Automatic syncing ensures synchronization as soon as connected to the net, so that the files are available when needed.

Creative Cloud is in this sense comparable to Dropbox.

Microsoft's oneDrive allows for offline files. But I suppose Microsoft files are generally smaller, so syncing is not so much of an issue.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Abambo!

Thank you for the clarification!

Kalevi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines