Sync - 2 computers

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I seem to be running into an issue with sync.

I have 2 pc's with the cloud from a single account installed on each. 1 pc is at my office, and the other at home. Each pc has cloud and sync enabled.

Sometimes when I go home, and try and pick up where I left off at the office, the home versions of the files have not been updated.

At this point, sync treats these files as the latest version, because of course I have opened a file, and as such put a later date stamp on the file.

When I return to work the next day, sync has updated from the home version, a full day out of date.

Could this be I am doing something wrong?

Is the cloud storage not intended for such a simple procedure, which is effectively a shared drive?

My confidence that a recent file will not be overwritten by an older file is gone, and of course that is a concern.

I hope I explained what I am doing clearly, if not please ask.

Thanks !

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync - 2 computers

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I seem to be running into an issue with sync.

I have 2 pc's with the cloud from a single account installed on each. 1 pc is at my office, and the other at home. Each pc has cloud and sync enabled.

Sometimes when I go home, and try and pick up where I left off at the office, the home versions of the files have not been updated.

At this point, sync treats these files as the latest version, because of course I have opened a file, and as such put a later date stamp on the file.

When I return to work the next day, sync has updated from the home version, a full day out of date.

Could this be I am doing something wrong?

Is the cloud storage not intended for such a simple procedure, which is effectively a shared drive?

My confidence that a recent file will not be overwritten by an older file is gone, and of course that is a concern.

I hope I explained what I am doing clearly, if not please ask.

Thanks !

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2014 0

Have something to add?