• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync big file will slow down my iMac and eventually freeze it

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently when I try to sync big video files (300MB+), the iMac will become unresponsive, the mouse cannot even be moved normally. And the computer will be freeze after a minute of so. Even if I try to upload these big files 1 by 1 the probelm still happen. Could anyone advise how should I solve this probelm?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, If you pause file sync and attempt to upload the video file through a web browser instead, does that work?

Also, would it be possible for you to upload the log files from your computer? If you could combine them in a single zip file, upload them to Creative Cloud, make it accessible for download, and post the download link here that would help out a lot.

The logs are located at"

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-f iles.html

Windows:

The log file can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please let me know if the browser works and if you have any questions.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and download the log here: http://adobe.ly/1lilwsM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the logs. We are investigating this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know are there any update regarding the problem? Keeping every file under 300MB is really dragging my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is a known issue and we are working to provide better performance in a future release.  Please keep an eye out for further announcements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? Struggling to get files to sync to Cloud - take aaages, gets stuck or won't sync and slows down my internet when syncing. Less than ideal and currently not usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you updated to the latest Creative Cloud version?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest wharress

If I have this correctly I am on version 1.9.0.465. Doesn't the app tell me if I have an update (it's pinned to my menu bar - I do have a flash update to install but that's it.)

Just for the record I have upload and download set to 100%. Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you send me in your log files please?. there are instructions above on how to do this, please zip them up and send them to me directly at harress@adobe.com.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have looked over your log files and there is nothing thats indicating any issue with Creative Cloud desktop application. I noticed your uploading video files, if these are large video files you can expect the upload of these files to consume your whole internet bandwidth for the time it takes to upload them, this could effected by your internet speed, if your internet speed it slow, they will take a long time to upload etc.

I cant comment on the slowness of your iMac, as I have not seen this at all, could you provide a screen capture video of this happening?, I will continue to try and replicate your issue and log a bug if necessary.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking.

Just to clarify - I can upload the same file to a service like Wetransfer or Dropbox with no issues but when I try to sync that zip file to my Creative Cloud folder it just won't completely go - it eventually hangs with the minutes left refusing to go down (and I have left it for a looooong time just to make sure). I can pause and restart synching (several times) for some smaller files and eventually it might completely sync those but with anything bigger it just won't sync at all and I get "some file failed to sync" error.

My iMac is fine BTW just very slow internet browsing - pages take half a minute to load or fail to load when trying to sync CC (I appreciate bandwidth is being used but actually it's not because the file doesn't  appear to be uploading!).

But the log files show nothing so I guess I am at a loss...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A recording of this issue happening would be very helpful, you are able to record your screen using Quick time which is built into Mac OS X.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

I have sent recording of the issue happening to you email.

Thanks again,

Mezz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the video, I have attached this to the internal bug I raised for this issue.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a solution found for this? I've been having the same trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to the latest Creative Cloud version? There have been various performance fixes put in place since this post was created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am here because of this issue and an iMac. It took me a while figure it was CC's seemingly random updates with no indication of it doing so and with file syncing. It was so bad I decided to add another DSL (that's all I get out here) line because no one could figure out why my speed suddenly dropped to the point of not being able to load a screen. 

When I traced it to CC I stopped all auto - updates and auto-syncing and set a reminder to turn it on at night.

Perhaps they could add a function in preferences that would "Stop sync when computer is in use"  or  "Perform updates and syncing between these hours".  Or even an alert that announces that a sync or update is about to take place and let me select "yes" or "no". 

I also agree that the transfer rate is abysmal compared to Dropbox or Droplr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines