Highlighted

Sync Early Access - Why so few fonts available?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received early Typekit Desktop Sync access, but it's not at all what I was hoping for:

Typekit shows 934 fonts available, but only 205 are available for desktop use. That's less than 1/4, but the plan specifically states "Full Library Access".

Does anyone know why this is? I've gotten nothing but wasted time from Adobe's Live Chat representatives, who transfer me from one department to the next until I'm disconnected without ever even reaching the right person.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync Early Access - Why so few fonts available?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received early Typekit Desktop Sync access, but it's not at all what I was hoping for:

Typekit shows 934 fonts available, but only 205 are available for desktop use. That's less than 1/4, but the plan specifically states "Full Library Access".

Does anyone know why this is? I've gotten nothing but wasted time from Adobe's Live Chat representatives, who transfer me from one department to the next until I'm disconnected without ever even reaching the right person.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Languid Clam Sauce,

I don't have an explanation but I would like to know where you saw the page or info which caused the confusion.

I noticed the webpage here: https://typekit.com/fonts was entitled Full Library Access (I assume this means both web and desktop) but I wasn't sure if that's what you were referencing. The desktop fonts were a recent addition, previously there were only web fonts.

-Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. Yes, it is the page https://typekit.com/fonts, or when I click Manage Fonts in the Creative Cloud desktop app, is what I'm trying to find out about.

I received early desktop font sync access, but it seems, for me at least, that less than 1/4 of the fonts are available for desktop use. The Adobe tech that I finally got through to (Print Department, after 5 hours) told me that I should be able to access all the fonts if I uninstalled everything from Adobe, since my CS6 might cause a problem, or maybe there was an issue with one of the CC apps. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still the same thing.

Is it that only a small portion fot he fonts are desktop available? That's not indicated in anything I've seen or received, or in what their tech told me. If so, I guess it's working correctly. I'd just like to get a definitive answer.

Thanks so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Languid,

Typekit for the Web has been around for sometime. Typekit for the Desktop is very new, and in fact is rolling out slowly. You need to give Adobe some time to negotitate the licenses with the font vendors for a new enterprise so they're starting with a smaller set of available fonts. Be patient. I'm sure it will grow and the library will be enlarged.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Steve,

Thanks for the answer, I was also recently directed to the list of fonts listed as "Coming to your desktop" on the Typekit site, though the link to it can be a little tricky to find .

As it seems some other users have had the same question, it is definitively 205 fonts, currently. It would help if Adobe could put that link in the email they send to people informing them that they've been granted access.

Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines