Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync folder not working on Mac

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Creative Cloud sync folder never worked as intended on my old Mac. It just never synced anything. The Creative Cloud app has “File Sync is Off” in grey in the menu, and in the Preferences tab all sync options are greyed out. Apparently this is an issue with my computer, since I can sync the folder from other units, and see the files online.

I recently tried to resolve the issue by following some advice in the forums. Apparently variations of this problem occurs a lot. I have removed the options.tix file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/unable-to-get-file-sync-to-work/td-p/6335773?...), and I have tried repairing Creative Cloud using the uninstall app. I even tried changing the write permissions of the actual folder to “read and write” for everyone. Nothing made any difference.

Any other suggestions? My MacOS version is 10.11.6. Thanks in advance!

~Måns

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Is that true even though my Creative Clouds version is 4.9.0.504?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that, i do not know.

you could contact adobe support and let them know you have an older os and cc desktop app and see if they know.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines