• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync: inconsistency in saving files you aren't authorized to edit

Participant ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, I've stumbled upon a problem. People in my organization shared a CC folder with me, which I am only able to view (I'm not authorized to edit, delete or add files). However, if I open up a PSD in that folder and I accidentally hit "save" (without saving it anywhere else but the folder I am not allowed to make changes in), CC ends up trying to sync the file anyway, and it is currently doing this with every other sync that I do with my CC folder.  I've searched, but I did not find an option in CC to discard changes (or to put the file back into a previous version on assets.adobe.com, since the changes are -you've guessed it- not synced online).

So now I am currently in a loop that does not allow me to escape it. I can't overwrite a file online (as intended), but I can somehow submit changes on my local version of this CC folder, which CC will try to sync (which it can't do, as intended), which I can't undo anymore. This inability to undo it is a problem, or the fact that my sync gets stuck in a forever-incomplete state on a permission conflict is a problem.

I've read that I could sign out, rename/delete my Creative Cloud Files folder, but isn't that treating the symptoms rather than fighting the cause? Isn't there a better solution, or is this simply an oversight in the sync mechanism of Adobe CC?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines