• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm having problems with syncing. It started today (never had this as an issue before) with fonts from Typekit disappearing whilst using ID. I logged on to my Adobe account, the fonts would re-appear (although a couple would not download due to an error, but then would download OK on clicking retry) and then within 5 minutes I would be logged out again. The cloud icon disappears from the top bar all the time so I have to go back and do the whole logging in thing again. Now it greys out and has crashed once already (have saved crash report). I had a power cut whilst working yesterday, could that have messed up something?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. We've heard a couple reports of this happening. We'll need some more information to track down what's causing it.

Would you drop us a line at: support@typekit.com? We'll help sort this out.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do me a favour. my names John, not Eric. Automisation is labour saving as well as penny saving but please, respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to my sync problem in iMac

In the Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist Rename or delete this file.

I got instant response and the sync files and fonts works. But there is no green checkmark in the folder for synced files, but I can live with that.

Best Regards

Lasse Martinell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lasse Martinell - thank you for that. But I can't find the file com.adobe.accmac.plist - I can't even locate the preferences folder. On my mac the pathway is System/Library/ then no Preferences folder??? I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5. Doh

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look in your user home library: /Users/yourusername/Library. It is hidden by default on OS X. But if you hold down the Option key and click on the 'Go' menu in Finder, you can get to it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone, your help is much appreciated. Before I had chance to implement your solution I received an auto update yesterday. I didn't think it was going to go through, it seemed to take ages and all I saw was a greyed out CC logo whilst it was updating. But guess what? Since the update all seems to be working well - CC doesn't keep dropping out, fonts are synched and available all the time. Fingers crossed that this keeps on working, presumably lots of people have had similar problems....

I'll be back if it happens again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was having this problem and your solution worked for me. Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines