The other day I moved the Creative Cloud Files (CCF) folder (about 1.1GB) from the default location to an external drive, following Adobe instructions, which I'm sure I did correctly, I used to work in IT. I copied the folder over then changed the location in the app.
Sync then started behaving strangely, apparently doing file transfers, although all I'd done was copy the folder and there had been no change in contents whatsoever at that stage, and the app seemed to find the new location ok.
Perhaps foolishly, I then copied a folder containing subfolders and images (about 11GB) from elsewhere into the CCF folder for backup.
But after I added the new image folder it got worse. When the computer is restarted or wakes from hibernation the sync process restarts, or at least seems to lose most of the work done during the previous session. This morning, after running overnight then a brief hibernation, it went from Syncing file 377 of 1016 to Syncing file 1 of 1012. And it does not then catch up, over an hour later it's still only at 19 of 1012, with broadband upload constantly maxxed out.
Also, Conflicted copies are appearing, though this is all happening on one computer -- haven't used another for well over a year -- AND I'm not working on any of these files, doing no image work at all just now in fact. I'm just guessing, but looking at dates and times it seems likely the copy creation is connected with the sync going over the same ground again.
I'm not hopeful of a quick fix but I'd like to contribute to an eventual one.
Sorry for the delay in responding. The app is designed to change the preference setting without manually moving any files. When doing it this way it will move the contents for you automatically. Attempting to do it outside of the app will result in it attempting to sync the entire contents again. That sounds like what happened. I would be nice if recognized existed files in the new location automatically. I can pass this on as feedback to our developers. Sorry to hear you had a poor experience.
When changing it in the preferences it moving the files for you like shown here
That explains only a minor issue for me, affecting the 1.1GB of files that were in the CCF folder prior to its relocation.
The main issue, affecting about 11GB of new material, was sync restarting, both after computer restarts/waking and spontaneously, each time going back and redoing most of the files already done, sometimes creating "Conflicted copies" (not really conflicted) and even copies of copies. Google Drive took less than a quarter of the time overall (estimated because CC got nowhere near completion), with no apparent glitches of any kind, on the same broadband connection (about 1.1Mbps upload).
For jobs like this at least, IMO, CC sync is f****ed.
Also, of course, it took five days to get any response here, and that response was inadequate.