• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synced Files vs Cloud Documents? Web Browser vs CC App?

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain to me the difference between "Your work" on a web browser vs "Your work" on the Creative Cloud Desktop app?

I signed up for the Daily Creative Challenge and followed the link to "Copy to Your Work." In the browser, I see the folder under Files > Synced Files. (CC01 attachment)

When I open the Creative Cloud Desktop App and go to the "Your work" tab, however, I don't see anything that I see in my browser. (CC02 attachment).

I just checked my CC Desktop app preferences and Syncing looks to be running (CC03 attachment) so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Can someone show me how to get the Synced Files I see in the browser to show up in my CC Desktop app?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same question and I think I'm experiencing similar situation.... 

I have a syned folder on my laptop for Adobe content. I saved several video clips there and a PremierePro file.

I can see the folder and content when I visit my CC account online under 'Synced Files' but they don't show up under 'Cloud documents' [when logged into my CC account online] and they don't show up under 'Your Work' in the desktop app. I'm using a MacBookPro.

Basically trying to determine what the difference is between Synced Files and Your Work. It's also a shared folder - I successfully shared the folder [while online] with other remote team members who have their own CC account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issue and I have a PC. 

Help from Adobe on this would be beneficial. 

-KW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Air, and I have the same issue.  Even more of a problem when I try and go back and forth between the Mac and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a forum where frustrated users can get the run around from adobe since no one there provides any guidance or solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud documents and Synced files are two different animals : https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

The way Adobe presents this is quite misleading, but now it makes sense to me. Cloud Documents are autosaving, primarily online documents - basically the same paradigm as Figma or UXPin design files - with their own file extensions (for instance .aic for an Illustrator cloud document, instead of regular .ai).

Synced files are files stored on your computer, synchronizing to Creative Cloud when updated. It's just regular cloud  storage/synchronization. They're located in your local Creative Cloud Files folder (which was confusing to me - and this folder also contains a web browser shortcut to your Cloud documents. Yup.)

The thing is, when Illustrator first prompted me to save my work as a Cloud document instead of a regular local file, I expected it to be found in my local, synchronized Creative Cloud Files folder - in which I also saved some work - resulting in me wondering why I was seeing different things in two places I thought as one, finally thinking synchronization was not working properly and giving up on using any of those things. If Adobe reads this, I think UX-wise there's room for improvement.

It's just two paradigms coexisting, with widely overlapping use cases, but these are different files under two different locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Every time I asked for help they just link me an article that explains the difference between Cloud Documents and Synced Files. But no one seems to have any way to get these two systems to work together without completely forgoing Synced Files (which is not an option for me as it's the one that you can access on your local files which is essential when using other programs outside of adobe that you need to store work from together)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this helpful explanation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that Adobe doesn't understand it's user base. Why aren't the "Synced files" just a folder under "Cloud Files" where I can see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@stuartmackey-newhope 

they are in "creative cloud files" on your computer where you designated (or left by default) in your preferences > syning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines