Syncing files

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On assets.adobe.com,

- under "Files > Synced Files" I have one file,

- under "Files > Mobile Creations" I have another file,

- under "Libraries > Owned by You" I have one library with twelve files.

When I open lightroom.adobe.com,

- I have one file that is neither of the above.

So four different sets of files. The only one that syncs with my desktop is the first one (Files > Synced Files).

Question 1: How do I get the others synced with my desktop? Can I move them somehow to Synced Files?

Question 2: How do I get the Lightroom file to show up in my assets?

Question 2: How do I access the assets from Lightroom?

I read in all Adobe advertisements that it syncs so wonderfully, but actually all files feel very isolated in separate silos. Ultimately I want all my files on my desktop as well as in online Lightroom of course.

It turns out the Synced files are separate from the photos in LIghtroom and assets are yet another repository of photos.

Adobe's claims that "all is connected in the cloud" is actually false. There are different cloud services and they are separate.

Regarding Lightroom specifically, it stores the original photos internally on the cloud in a way that you can't write to other than via the Lightroom applications that can edit the photos. (For the insistent, there is a slightly awkward way to get at least read-access to the original files which is by a setting in Lightroom (CC desktop) to store a copy of the originals on your own harddrive. But this is read-only and not a way to upload files into lightroom.)

Lastly, the assets.adobe.com interface does NOT let you copy files from "Libraries" to "Files".

So there you go. All disconnected.

Nevertheless, if you just need one app, like say Lightroom, then things will work perfectly fine as long as you surrender to the idea that the master copies are in the cloud, not on your computer.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Syncing files

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On assets.adobe.com,

- under "Files > Synced Files" I have one file,

- under "Files > Mobile Creations" I have another file,

- under "Libraries > Owned by You" I have one library with twelve files.

When I open lightroom.adobe.com,

- I have one file that is neither of the above.

So four different sets of files. The only one that syncs with my desktop is the first one (Files > Synced Files).

Question 1: How do I get the others synced with my desktop? Can I move them somehow to Synced Files?

Question 2: How do I get the Lightroom file to show up in my assets?

Question 2: How do I access the assets from Lightroom?

I read in all Adobe advertisements that it syncs so wonderfully, but actually all files feel very isolated in separate silos. Ultimately I want all my files on my desktop as well as in online Lightroom of course.

It turns out the Synced files are separate from the photos in LIghtroom and assets are yet another repository of photos.

Adobe's claims that "all is connected in the cloud" is actually false. There are different cloud services and they are separate.

Regarding Lightroom specifically, it stores the original photos internally on the cloud in a way that you can't write to other than via the Lightroom applications that can edit the photos. (For the insistent, there is a slightly awkward way to get at least read-access to the original files which is by a setting in Lightroom (CC desktop) to store a copy of the originals on your own harddrive. But this is read-only and not a way to upload files into lightroom.)

Lastly, the assets.adobe.com interface does NOT let you copy files from "Libraries" to "Files".

Nevertheless, if you just need one app, like say Lightroom, then things will work perfectly fine as long as you surrender to the idea that the master copies are in the cloud, not on your computer.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 0
Abambo LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 0