Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing glitch — Constant sync

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

As of the past week, my CC is constantly syncing even when no files have been modified or introduced to my main CC folder. The Assets > Files > Sync display shows "Syncing..." and intermittently shows "All files up to date" for a brief 0.5 seconds then continues "Syncing..." (see attached screenshot GIF)

syncglitch.gif

I have attempted to pause/stop/start syncing, log off and on, quit the program... Nothing seems to work. It just keeps trying to sync.

Running the most recent version of Adobe CC (4.3.0.256) on Mac with High Sierra (10.13.1).

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

The issue appears to have resolved itself without any further action.

Thank you for the reply Dave.

This thread can be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A.P.Charlesworth,

Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app as described here:
Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

After reinstalling please restart the computer and try syncing again and see if you're still facing issues.

Please let me know if this helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue appears to have resolved itself without any further action.

Thank you for the reply Dave.

This thread can be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear it's working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is annoying... My CC app is doing the same thing. So I just need to wait for it to come out of it's conniption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work. I tried all the steps described in other posts and it keeps coming back to constant syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue for months.  I tried several approaches to solving the issue, and it finally boiled down to a few files with REALLY long file names.  The length limit (documented in several places, but without any hints on how to find them) is 260 characters, and includes the full path.

How did I find them?

On Windows, I used a CMD window, set my path to the Creative Cloud directory, and used the following command:

DIR /B /S >filelist.txt

OldDesertLizard_0-1623333130327.png

This creates a listing of all your files in the directory and all subdirectories, one per line, with the full path for each file.  Open it up in Notepad:

OldDesertLizard_1-1623333185291.png

Then open up an Excel file and copy/paste the entire contents of your FileList.txt file into column B of your spreadsheet.  In column A on row 1, put the following formula:

=LEN(B1)

OldDesertLizard_2-1623333284780.png

... then copy this down the entire length of your file listing, so Excel replaces the B1 with B2, B3, etc., showing you the length of each file name.

Then highlight the whole spreadsheet (click the square at the corner betwee the row and column numbers), and in Excel's Data menu, click Filter.  In the Column A filter dropdown, put 260 in the "Number Filters / Greater Than or Equal" filter.

OldDesertLizard_3-1623333446958.png

OldDesertLizard_4-1623333508063.png

Voila!  Any files displayed are too long!  Shortening folder names is the easiest way to take care of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted a little better version of this on my Old Desert Lizard blog here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines