• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing inactive machine CC

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding it hard to explain my question but I am trying to wrap my head around exactly how the sync works so please bare with me  

I have CC (creativecloud) installed on my desktop and also on my laptop under the same account/login so I can access files between the two. I use my desktop every day and add/delete files but sometimes I don't use my laptop for a week or more, meaning the cc files don't get synced right away.

My question is if my laptop hasn't synced cc assets/files for a week and I go to sync it will all the old files (that I have deleted on my desktop a week ago) then be deleted from my laptop or will cc think that these are new folders and keep them, then re-syncing them back onto my desktop?

For example..

Day 1 - Both desktop and laptop are up to date with sync and have 'OLDFOLDER'Day 2 - I delete 'OLDFOLDER' on my desktop (laptop isn't on so doesn't sync + delete)

Day 3 - I create 'NEWFOLDER' on desktop (laptop isn't on so doesn't sync + delete)

Day 10 - A week later I turn on laptop and cc syncs

On day 10 does my laptop automatically delete 'OLDFOLDER' and add 'NEWFOLDER' or will it resync the 'OLDFOLDER' because it' thinks I have re-added it 10 days after deleting it?

Second question.. Do I need to make sure I name every file added differently because if I have a file called 'PHOTOS' synced to both desktop and laptop it could overwrite each other?

Day 1 - Both desktop and laptop are up to date with sync and have a file called 'PHOTOS'

Day 2 - I delete 'PHOTOS' on my desktop (laptop isn't on so doesn't sync + delete)

Day 3 - I create a new 'PHOTOS' file on desktop with different photos in it (laptop still not on so doesn't sync + delete)

Day 10 - A week later I turn on laptop and cc syncs

Does the laptop, still with the first PHOTOS file, get confused because there are two files called 'PHOTOS'? Or will cc on my laptop automatically know to delete the old PHOTOS file and replace with the new one?

Hopefully it makes sense    I am wondering if I need to make sure that I keep my laptop up to date with every sync or if it is ok that it might not sync for a week or so and it's not going to start re-adding deleted files or overwriting things.

Thank you!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

When you connect your Laptop after a while to the cloud, The current situation of the cloud gets synchronized. It may happen, however, that a file got edited on both computers. In that case, both copies will stay on the cloud and you will have manually to decide what to do.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines