• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Individual Files or Folders with Myself

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched and come up empty, so I'll ask here.  I want to primarily use the Adobe Cloud to store backup files.  I'm doing that on my main computer and it works great. I have it set up to auto-transfer my key files every day to the Creative Cloud folder, and they get saved to the cloud. Yay! 

However, on my other computer, if I allow syncing, it always downloads ALL of this backup data to my "Creative Cloud Files" folder on that machine.  I would like to have some files available on this secondary computer (for example a few in a "sharing" folder in my Creative Cloud) but not every single file in my cloud. I don't need all my backup files on both machines.

From what I've seen, Adobe has not considered that folks would want to work this way, but instead seems to assume everyone would always want every file in every situation always shared and downloaded on every computer constantly. This is what happens when I turn on sharing on the secondary computer.  With it off, I share nothing, and can get nothing.

So, what's the best way to do what I want with the cloud?  I'm using Windows on both machines if that helps.  I'm using the same Creative Cloud account on both as well.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Hi Mike Dalton

There is no way to selectively sync with the same account at the moment.  There are two work-arounds that I can think of though:

• You could use the collaboration feature, but that would require a new account. This feature allows you to share parts of the Creative Cloud Files Folder hierarchy and or selectively sync folders.
  • You could share links to folders

This link explains the difference between the two: Creative Cloud Help | Collaboration FAQ

In the meantime I'll pass this great idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike Dalton

There is no way to selectively sync with the same account at the moment.  There are two work-arounds that I can think of though:

• You could use the collaboration feature, but that would require a new account. This feature allows you to share parts of the Creative Cloud Files Folder hierarchy and or selectively sync folders.
  • You could share links to folders

This link explains the difference between the two: Creative Cloud Help | Collaboration FAQ

In the meantime I'll pass this great idea to our product management team.

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Ashley - I appreciate the workarounds, and I really appreciate you passing this on to the team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines