• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Adobe Color Themes panel is being removed! (July 2021)

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can see that the Adobe Color Themes panel is being removed from the Creative Suite this month (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). There is no explanation or details online, is it being replaced with something else? Is it being implemented in another panel or will the feature disappear completely? Why would it be removed? Could someone please give more information?

Screenshot 2021-07-08 195525.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

This is due to a ramification of a technical limitation the panel faces. Adobe will be bringing the creative tools back into applications by integrating them in the Libraries panel in the future.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-color/end-of-support-for-adobe-color-themes-panel/m-p/12150105

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. I love the Color Themes Panel! Just placing a message like this here without any additional information is a really unfreindly UX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question here: I know there's the online utility color.adobe.com, and that you can save your creations as libraries, but the workflow is not really practical to use, as opposes as the current extension, which requires only the panel opening inside Ps, with everything you need to create, edit or browse themes.

Are you supplying a newer version of it, or is it just a removal? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noooooooo!!! I use this for every project!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due to a ramification of a technical limitation the panel faces. Adobe will be bringing the creative tools back into applications by integrating them in the Libraries panel in the future.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-color/end-of-support-for-adobe-color-themes-panel/m-p/12150105

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what technical limitation the panel faces? how can there be a tech limitation? That is not a very good answer at all. The Adobe Color Themes panel was added in the first place. I'm reading people use it all the time. Why take it away? Why not leave it, and improve it? 

Once again what technical limitation is there. How can there be one in the first place. 

Remember Adobe shouldnt' be like Microsoft and just do things the customers do not want. We are paying for this cloud service in the first place. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutly right !!!

Such a Shame...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to a technical limitation of my wallet, I'll be paying 50% less this month. We cool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya. Adobe has treated my wallet good. But what aggravates me is I took a tutorial on that panel and was like Wow....new to the new Illustrator ect and was like this is something I can work with.....then BQQM its Disappear(ed) (INXS 1990)

I hope they add it back. I wanna use it cause going to the internet to color coordinate ect ect is a real bummer this past summer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - this is so annoying as I use this often and its not very practical to leave the application go search for a palette and then save to your library. Cant you get rid of something else if you don't have room?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is BEYOND annoying. So impractical to go to web! Technical limitations, how?! It's been fine for years on end, yet they get rid of it without a practical and immediate replacement. Would Nikon or Canon just eliminate a daily used feature like "white balance adjustment" from their camera firmware? No! This is basically the same BS being thrust onto Adobe's customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the adobe color themes constantly. For it to be removed suddenly like this is annoying. I am now spending more time playing around with colors than I did before. Your explanation for removing this feature is weak. When will the new intagration in to the libraries be available? Will it work the same way? Why isn't the new integration implemented now? This is weak sauce coming from a subscription based application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many extra steps! I use the color themes ALL. THE. TIME. Not cool, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a lot of projects my workflow now is so slower.... With Color I was able to quickly pick up a color and look for similiar or complement ones. Now I have to pick up the HEX code, type it on the web app, and then type it back in photoshop. And if this does not fit... again and again. So impracticale...

And when you are on the move and have only one monitor... damn... I do not get it... so sad... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely ridiculous . way to totally ruin a application. legit ruins the best part about the app.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pathetic. Adobe have lost their mind. The only good thing about this program and these guys remove it. Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not smart. Not good. I makes me want to cancel subscription. Is there something wrong with the Dev team's thinking. Why irritate your customer base. 

I do not understand this one bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use this slider for unpacking my photo's color, it was very helpful for my every project. it was so easy to color grade images.  I want to enquire why this slider to removed and will a new update come or not. I had the monthly subscription plan but it would be a waste if this panel is not available. Kindly revert me as soon as possible otherwise i have to withdraw my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish Adobe hadn't removed this useful tool. Is there any other plug-in made by someone else that we can use instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my adove color themes removed.please solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anik29190254e4bd (and possible others)

these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines