• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was a problem syncing some files

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept getting this error all day yesterday "There was a problem syncing some files"

But they all seemed to sync.

Today, been getting the error again all day while i work. so I deleted everything from my sync folder and on the web.

Still showing an error.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 1.29.18 PM.png

Yet, there are no files in my folder.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 1.29.30 PM.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Byers-video,

We recently had reports similar to what you describe but most have cleared up. Just to confirm, what version of the Creative Cloud app do you have installed, 3.9.1.335? You can check from preferences within the Creative Cloud app, from the gear icon in the top right.

A couple other questions too:

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Byers-video,

We recently had reports similar to what you describe but most have cleared up. Just to confirm, what version of the Creative Cloud app do you have installed, 3.9.1.335? You can check from preferences within the Creative Cloud app, from the gear icon in the top right.

Yes 3.9.1.335

A couple other questions too:

• Is the email you use here on the forums the same as your Creative Cloud membership?

yes, the email is correct.

• What operating system are you using?

Mac OS 10.12.1

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thank you Dave!!!

Byers Video (gerald)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gerald,

I'll forward the info and logs to engineering. Hopefully we can get you sorted quickly too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate it.  it is not a major issue, it does not have any affect on my working flow.

Just annoying closing the prompts.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gerald,

A couple more questions for you when you get the chance.

Are the files you referenced as being unable to sync due to a server error

solatube--generate.ai

solatube-deliver.svg

solatube-generate.svg

Listed online here? https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=all

Were these files in a folder which was shared?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave.

Were these files in a folder which was shared?

No they were not in a folder that was shared, they were straight exported out to the Creative Cloud Files (folder), no sharing added to them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Engineering wanted to confirm. I saw you said you deleted everything from the web too before. These files are not listed in all files or within the Archive correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

i thought that deleting them, as well as from the archives online, that it would fix it self.

they do not exist any where that sync would see them.

that is always my go to fix. delete and start over.  oops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave.  I do not see the continuous error.

although I have not exported to the folder yet, the error is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does it seem like the error has gone away now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just exported a few things and yes, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is back again. started today, I do not have time to figure it out, i have work to do.

Been using this without problems since the last fix.

What is annoying is the message pops up while i am working and have deleted that file.

I understand there are issues now and then and things (nothing) works like it is expected too or without problems, but I thinkI am just going to export to desktop from now on and avoid any future problems.

As much as Adobe does, we love, but I think at times they spread themselves a little thin.  Instead of a few awesome, always working features that we expect them to work, we get lots of "not sure if it is going to work and are joyous when it does this time."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue has returned for you. I have seen a few other recent reports of this too and have been working with our engineering departments trying to get them resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

After working with our engineering we were able to determine the cause in all of the other recent reports. The cause was related to collaborations, where one of the collaborators had exceeded their storage quota. When this happens it makes it where all of the collaborators can no longer add/sync files to the collaborated folder and will receive server error like you describe getting.

If you're still getting the error you may want to check to see if this is the cause it your case too. If you go to the folder containing the files which you were getting the server error and click the drop-down and select Collaborate you should be able to see all the collaborators

This link should show all the collaborated folders when signed in > Adobe Creative Cloud​

Select this option on the folder containing the files which reported the server error to see all the collaborators

Collaborate.jpg

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, thanks for the reply.

I have been looking all over to find what you are talking about, I do not see the collaborate tab. and I just figured out why. I do not have any folders with files to share.

I am sharing libraries, but no one is adding anything to them, just using them.

I just created a test folder and now I see the drop down and get the same submenu I see above.

So, no, I am not sharing anything with anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird that you have to send to archive to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for checking. I'll see if I can have engineering check your account too and determine why the issue might be occurring then. They may request log files to better understand. I'll see if they are able to find out without them and let you know if they're needed.

Yeah, I think of the Archive as sort of an online recycle bin, an additional way to get files back if they were accidentally deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

I got feedback from engineering. They looked at your account and saw your recent failure but said this was due to a brief outage we had with the service itself and that other than that things looked normal. Can you let me know if you continue to get the errors next time it happens?

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David__B

No errors so far. I had to change it back to the cloud folder as I avoided the errors by saving to a folder on computer.

nothing so far.

could have been that day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, hopefully its fixed, but let me know if happens again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines