Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Illustrator Extension from Old PC to New PC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I bought an Extension from exchange.adobe.com - I used it on Illustrator 2021 on my old PC.

Now I have a new PC and have Creative Cloud - downloaded Illustrator 2021 again. Logged in etc but my Extension isn't there. I want to know how to transfer it from the old PC/Illustrator to the new PC/Illustrator.

If I can somehow copy it from the old PC - where does the Extension file live? When I downloaded it it just became apart of Illustrator.

Unfortunately - when I go back to the Extension in Adobe Exchange it says it's been retracted and it's not available anymore. I can still use this on my old PC. Is there any way I can move it from my old to my new PC? Does the Extension file live somewhere specific?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

See the following documentation about the different paths that the extension is installed

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/blob/master/CEP_10.x/Documentation/CEP%2010.0%20HTML%20Extension%20Cookbook.md#extension-folders

Now even if you do find the extension folder do make a note of the following points

• Copy the extension folder to the same path in the new PC
  • Make sure you don't make any changes to the content inside the extension folder, it is codesigned making any change makes the co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the following documentation about the different paths that the extension is installed

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/blob/master/CEP_10.x/Documentation/CEP%2010.0%20HTML%20Ex...

Now even if you do find the extension folder do make a note of the following points

• Copy the extension folder to the same path in the new PC
  • Make sure you don't make any changes to the content inside the extension folder, it is codesigned making any change makes the codesign invalid and hence the extension would not load.
  • The extension may still not load on the new machine due to many reasons. Some of which may be, the installer installed other components outside the extension folder that we have no chance to find, the extension might not work if you try to use it on a different version of the host application

If nothing works try to contact the developer of the extension she/he can guide you easily to make this work if the new machine also has the same version of the application as the old one.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If nothing works try to contact the developer of the extension she/he can guide you easily to make this work if the new machine also has the same version of the application as the old one.

Do let us know how it goes! If you have trouble tracking down the developer, I might be able to get in touch with them... 

You might also try setting the debug mode.

I suspect a lot of extension users are in similar positions, as some of the extensions on the Exchange are aging without updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines