Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Restoring InDesign File from Creative Cloud

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to restore an InDesign file that I accidentally overwrote yesterday.

It is in a folder that has no collaboration and was previously modified on March 12, 2017.

I am working in Chrome on Windows 10.

The message I get is a popup window that says "Working. . . Please wait a moment."

It was stuck like that for more than an hour before I gave up and refreshed the page. Tried again an hour and a half ago and it's still hanging.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another place i can post this question to get more responses? I understand that previous versions are only kept in Creative Cloud for 10 days. I'd like to get this resolved before the file goes away forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaalki2,

Do you get the same result using multiple browsers?

Can you try using a different computer and internet connection?

What is the name of the file you're attempting to restore?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I tried it in MS Edge on same computer with same result.

Also tried it in Chrome on my work laptop running Windows 7 - same result.

Both computers are using the same internet connection, though.

Filename is SpectrumAd-StJohnPassion.indd.

I also just successfully restored a file that I was working on today to an earlier-today version. I got the "Working. . ." message and then a blue box popped up briefly that said the file had been restored (indeed it had) but then went away and the "Working" message is still hanging there.

Thanks for the help. I did an online chat with Adobe this afternoon and wasted 45 minutes getting passed back and forth between two "departments" and was finally told someone would call or email me. Haven't heard yet.

kk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaalki2,

I've contacted engineering and am working to see if we can get an earlier version of SpectrumAd-StJohnPassion.indd for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dave.

I heard back from Adobe Support today. I did a screen share with the tech and he decided that the file is corrupt and unrecoverable. But, frankly, I'm not convinced, since there is a preview that shows in CC - that has to come from somewhere, doesn't it?

kk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines