• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type 1 fonts Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Owner of a new PC running Windows Pro 10. Cannot load Type 1 fonts I've had and used for years. Contacted Microsoft, had me turn off Defender, then install them. They dissapear as soon as I try to use them in any program, like Adobe InDesign (I'm an original PageMaker guy).  Previous machine was Windows 7 (no issues) and home machine Windows 10 Home/Office which they still work. We are talking couple hundred variations from the 90's, favorites I still use. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern apps don't recognize type 1 fonts anymore.  Sorry.  They are too outdated and not cross platform compatible. 

https://www.prepressure.com/fonts/basics/type1

Replace your old type 1 fonts with modern Open Type (OTF) or True Type (TTF) equivalents.  If you're a Creative Cloud subscriber, look at Adobe Fonts (formerly typekit).

https://fonts.adobe.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent reading. I remember some came on a cartridge I plugged into an HP printer. I am having problems finding some of the old ones and I've seen there isn't a reliable conversion program.

I am on CC so I'll start there.

Thank you.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TaDa! I had read that. So I guess I needed to read again. I was pulling fonts form the old machine assuming pfb and pfm files were pulling too. Went back to my orignial Adobe Type Manager ( I'm old) files and did a mass install from those files. One happy camper.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines