Highlighted

Type use still "coming soon"?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email from Adobe on 11/27/13 stating that I was granted "early access" to the typeface use feature. I have an active CC account. I signed in. I tested a single typeface for desktop use (forget about the web typefaces, which far outnumber the ones for desktop use, because you can't really use them to design your website using any sort of regular software). At the end of the process it instructs to open CC and assure that the FONTS is set for syncing type. But actually when you open CC it just says under the FONTS category (when selected) that it is "coming soon". Oddly you can go to a link on the screen and to end up somewhere in which part of the content of the screen tells you that you can sign up for early access to type syncing. ? I checked and I was still signed in. Also, I can't figure the language use these days. What is the syncing business? Aren't we all just talking about gaining access to using typefaces via our Creative Cloud paid membership which can reduce the cost of buying and using fonts? Isn't that what this is. Syncing with what? If one doesn't have a typeface to begin with, one isn't syncing anything. You are just downloading the typeface to use in applications.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Type use still "coming soon"?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email from Adobe on 11/27/13 stating that I was granted "early access" to the typeface use feature. I have an active CC account. I signed in. I tested a single typeface for desktop use (forget about the web typefaces, which far outnumber the ones for desktop use, because you can't really use them to design your website using any sort of regular software). At the end of the process it instructs to open CC and assure that the FONTS is set for syncing type. But actually when you open CC it just says under the FONTS category (when selected) that it is "coming soon". Oddly you can go to a link on the screen and to end up somewhere in which part of the content of the screen tells you that you can sign up for early access to type syncing. ? I checked and I was still signed in. Also, I can't figure the language use these days. What is the syncing business? Aren't we all just talking about gaining access to using typefaces via our Creative Cloud paid membership which can reduce the cost of buying and using fonts? Isn't that what this is. Syncing with what? If one doesn't have a typeface to begin with, one isn't syncing anything. You are just downloading the typeface to use in applications.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?