Typekit Not Connecting After Server Problem

Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an Adobe Community Professional and Adobe Certified Instructor, and I've been blogging about Typekit the past couple weeks since it's available. I've had some Typekit fonts installed successfully on two Mac computers (Mac OS X 10.8.4).

However, Sunday afternoon 8/25 PDT, when I was working I noticed that the Sync Settings feature wasn't working in InDesign because, it claimed I didn't have an Internet connection (it wasn't an Internet connection problem because every other website was coming up fine). When I investigated I saw on both computers that the Computer Cloud Desktop appliation wasn't connecting. In fact, when I went to creative.adobe.com, I couldn't get a connection either.

After an hour or two, when I went to creative.adobe.com, it now had a message that it couldn't display my file because of something like "high volume." (This seemed strange since this is a summer weekend.) Nevertheless, on my MacBook Pro laptop, I soon had a connection, and the CCDA is working fine, showing all my files and fonts (as shown below):

Typekit_MBP.jpg

However, on my second computer, the iMac, my Typekits fonts have not returned. (The CCDA version is the same as on the MacBook Pro—1.1.1.220). I have quit the Creative Cloud application and relaunched several times, but here is what I see (as you can see the Home screen is also wrong since the apps show fine):

Home.jpg

Apps.jpg

Typekit.jpg

Files.jpg

So it sees the Apps and it sees the Files, but Typekit doesn't connect. I'm sure the server problem must have "hosed" one of the files which controls the Typekit transfer. I'm hoping someone from the Typekit team can look into it, and either fix it, or tell me what to do.

Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this, but thanks for the clear description of the issue and these screenshots.  Would you send us your Adobe ID email address at support@typekit.com so that we can take a look at your account and see what is going on?

Thank you,

-- liz

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines