• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TypeKits and Fonts . Spark

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an all apps membership a subscription I have had for in and around 2 years maybe more. Ive just come off the most frustrating 3 hours of inept customer support with adobe online and by phone. 

All I want to do is activate Source Sans Pro as a font within Spark. Typekit or font web allows for the activation but not a download of a file. Spark will only include the font into the 'brandify' section with a physical font file from my drive it can navigate to. 

Im told by adobe customer support that what Im asking for is impossible. That even though I pay for fonts specifically for the reason to brand marketing material for the company and hold membership of Spark to create material from the same company that the two are not compatible and not only that but there is no facility to provide me a physical font file for the family of fonts I seek. 

I get that everyone is working from home and its a really tricky time but thats the very reason that I would anticipate access to the resources that allow me to market our family business from home. 

Please brains trust, or anyone sensible who has solved this issue. Help?

A.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typekit was replaced by Adobe fonts: https://fonts.adobe.com/

This should be available through the Creative Cloud desktop application.

image.png

If that doesn't work, the various Source font families are also available from Google: https://fonts.google.com/?selection.family=Source+Sans+Pro&sidebar.open&query=Source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do what you want to do, instead of using Adobe Fonts to get Source Sans Pro, use Google Fonts. Fortunately, this font has an Open Font License that allows you to download it there at no cost. Downloading a font is different from activating a font. And because Spark is a web app (as opposed to a desktop app), it handles fonts differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I created my branding within Photoshop using Adobe Fonts, and there is no way to download them and then upload them into Spark, and Spark doesnt seem to have any integration with Adobe Fonts (fka typekit). What the f, adobe? I see complaints about this going back to 2018 and it still hasn't been resolved? This renders Spark useless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the same issue. I created branding and logo with typekit or adobe fonts whatever and I am now trying to brand facebook and instagram.... I see from the blogs that this is over a year of not interfacing and I pay monthly for a premium. I agree what the f' adobe. You have to support your million users in their field of design. How do I go to my client and say.... oops adobe isn't supporting their app for cross platforming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines