• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typeset fonts in HTML emails

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use typekit fonts in HTML emails, eg for site newsletters?

Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Hi Angela,

There aren't any plans for Typekit support HTML email & newsletters in the near future, due to the issues listed earlier in this thread. New features are announced on the blog (blog.typekit.com) and twitter (@typekit), though; those are the best places to keep an eye for any updates!

Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest in Typekit!  It is not possible to use Typekit fonts in an HTML email reliably, so we do not support it at this time.  Typekit requires JavaScript and @font-face to load fonts. No email client that we are aware of supports JavaScript; and only a handful of clients support @font-face.  We are keeping an eye on whether this is possible in the future, though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but please let me know if you have any other questions (here or at support@typekit.com).   Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liz - I thought that was probably the case but wanted to check I wasn't missing a trick. I just wanted to use one font for some headers, so have it working using Google fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typography.com has added support for using fonts in emails. Do you know if Typekit will be following suit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angela,

There aren't any plans for Typekit support HTML email & newsletters in the near future, due to the issues listed earlier in this thread. New features are announced on the blog (blog.typekit.com) and twitter (@typekit), though; those are the best places to keep an eye for any updates!

Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reply removed by moderator as it did not meet terms of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines